Chinese Hit and miss engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Paso_Kid

Reaction score
Anyone have this engine? I purchased one more than a year ago for my Grandfather. He has had it in and out of the box multiple times and somewhere along the way the rod that activates the exhaust valve fell out and is lost. Just wondering if anyone knows the exact length of it. I had a length of metal rod that I cut down to make a new one but not sure I got the proper length. We have attempted to run the engine but so far have not gotten it going. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    371.1 KB · Views: 219
Anyone have this engine? I purchased one more than a year ago for my Grandfather. He has had it in and out of the box multiple times and somewhere along the way the rod that activates the exhaust valve fell out and is lost. Just wondering if anyone knows the exact length of it. I had a length of metal rod that I cut down to make a new one but not sure I got the proper length. We have attempted to run the engine but so far have not gotten it going. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
The rod should be .114 or 2.9mm diameter and 2.165 or 55mm long. you should have .003 to .006 play between the rod and the rocker arm.
Also ground the engine to the black wire of the battery input. And the electronic ignition is made to run on 3.7 volts. if you go much higher than that you will burn something out. usually the hall effect will go first then the electronic box.

Thank you Smokey Joe. I had seen some videos showing the use of only 2 batteries (3 volts). We will give this a try.

Latest posts

Back