Chinese Girl Machinist

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you want to see a tiny Chinese girl machinist at work, go to "Linguoer--Mechanic" on Youtube. On her videos, she does such things as rebuilding a 1972 metal lathe, rebuilds and repairs welders, electric motors, and generators, most of which are far bigger than she is. There is no narration, as her English is not good, but you get to watch her work. She basically works outdoors, and with the crudest tools available, on a wooden bench. She is a pretty skillful welder, and seems to know exactly what she is doing. I was very impressed with her rebuilding work..

If you want to see a tiny Chinese girl machinist at work, go to "Linguoer--Mechanic" on Youtube. On her videos, she does such things as rebuilding a 1972 metal lathe, rebuilds and repairs welders, electric motors, and generators, most of which are far bigger than she is. There is no narration, as her English is not good, but you get to watch her work. She basically works outdoors, and with the crudest tools available, on a wooden bench. She is a pretty skillful welder, and seems to know exactly what she is doing. I was very impressed with her rebuilding work..
I not seen a female repair machinist or steel fab in America. I have seen in production machinists and production welding. I can not till you why.
It just may take time or just have not seen women in repair machinist. America it very good paying job and is hard to find. It would be a great job for women too.

My wife does plumbing and yesterday was running a rototiller

Dave

I'm Chinese, it's hard to see female mechanical maintenance technicians in China, my job is ENGEL injection molding machine maintenance, but the salary is not high

I'm Chinese, it's hard to see female mechanical maintenance technicians in China, my job is ENGEL injection molding machine maintenance, but the salary is not high
You should see if you can contact this girl through her Facebook account, and ask her to tell us her story. I'm sure it is interesting. I wish she had a hoist to move the heavy things she works on. She just muscles them around now, but when she gets older she will suffer with arthritis and back problems, I think.

Yes, I watched her video.
She is Great !
I seen what some women can do not mush different than men.
Just think of knowing ww2 women that flew fighters into combat zones without bullets.

Do you have link for video?

Dave

I seen what some women can do not mush different than men.
Just think of knowing ww2 women that flew fighters into combat zones without bullets.

Do you have link for video?

Dave
Go to YOUTUBE under "Linguoer--Mechanic". She has at least 100 videos currently, and is putting up more all the time! You can't miss it. It is a MASSIVE site!

Go to YOUTUBE under "Linguoer--Mechanic". She has at least 100 videos currently, and is putting up more all the time! You can't miss it. It is a MASSIVE site!
Great video
Even did rewinding on generator.

Dave

She is awesome! When I ran a Plant Engineering Dept in a big printing company, years ago, I would have hired her in a instant if she applied for a mechanics job. Fantastic!

She is awesome! When I ran a Plant Engineering Dept in a big printing company, years ago, I would have hired her in a instant if she applied for a mechanics job. Fantastic!
yes, I am always amazed at the things she tackles. Rewinding a generator, no problem! Rebuilding a lathe, no problem! In my opinion, she could use some gentle advice on some of her techniques, but she certainly accomplishes a lot, with almost nothing as a resource!

I know of a local wastewater plant that employs several female mechanics, and while they are very talented individuals, they don't look like the person in the video. They don't wear makeup either.
The ponytail would be a real hazard in the workplace.
One person at a technical college had one, and was pulled into a metal lathe that she was working on, and killed.

I give credit where credit is due; but the ones I have seen don't look like movie stars, and they don't have clean white tennis shoes, but steel-toed boots.
Just sayin.

I know of a local wastewater plant that employs several female mechanics, and while they are very talented individuals, they don't look like the person in the video. They don't wear makeup either.
The ponytail would be a real hazard in the workplace.
One person at a technical college had one, and was pulled into a metal lathe that she was working on, and killed.

I give credit where credit is due; but the ones I have seen don't look like movie stars, and they don't have clean white tennis shoes, but steel-toed boots.
Just sayin.
She's doing the work, yes?

When I was in the RAF it wasn't unusual to have female technicians and engineering officers on a unit. They were treated the same as the men and probably more enthusiastic than some of the guys. I believe there are more of them now. No probs as far as I was concerned.

In the model engineering world, there is Cherry Hill who is a legend in this hobby, look her up on the net her creations are awesome.

Happy machining

B

Have you seen the work Of Cherry Hill a remarkable story of a Real lady Model Engineer. Her models are incredible. A Story of her achievements by David Carpenter in book form is worth the purchase www.halebooks.com. does her own photography as well. Makes her own screws rivet chains etc.
Worth the buy of the history of a remarkable woman. John

I work in merchant navy and now I see a lot of girls coming out to sea as engineering officers.
They are treated equal and do their jobs competently.

regards
Nikhil

I guess what I am saying is if she weighed 300 lbs. and looked like Shrek, but had identical mechanical abilities, she would have a fraction of the views she is getting.
Her channel is as much about eye-appeal as it is about mechanical work, and that is perfectly ok as long as that does not become the standard for women mechanics; ie: not only do you have to be good and mechanical repairs, you also have to be young and look attractive too.

She could take off the makup and come across as a much more legit mechanic.
I understand that views=money though, and the videos are about view count.

Last edited:
When my daughter went into high school, I asked her what she wanted to achieve, and she said "I want to be a cheerleader, and be the most popular person in school".
I told her that being attractive and popular had very little to do with reality, or whether you were a good person who accomplished admirable things.
My daughter had the looks to be a cheerleader, but we convinced her to get into cross country and track (running).
She ditched the heavy makeup and skimpy outfits, and excelled at running.

My daughter ended up winning 6 state championships in track in high school track, and won a $250,000.00 scholarship to a top-rated college.
She got her degre in Psychology, and works to help young people who have eating disorders, and who literally starve themselves in order to be the thinest and most atractive person in town.

Young women need good role models, and they need to understand that you can be successful without being a beauty queen.

I am not trying to take anything away from the talented chinese woman mechanic; hats off to her for exceptional talent (and looks).
Many young girls today are getting ruined by unrealistic expectations about looks, and much of it comes from online experiences.

Last edited:
Back