Chinese Girl Machinist

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

GreenTwin

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
GE (at least the electrical division) is not doing so well these days, so I heard, thanks to some folks who got in their and ran it into the ground for short term profit.

Westinghouse turned into Eaton, and you can still buy products that are much like Westinghouse equipment, and probably a lot of them still use the old Westinghouse designs.

ABB is big in the worldwide transformer market, and no doubt some other markets.

I mainly deal with Eaton, since they give good support, and I guess are based in the US.

Square D makes a lot of electrical equipment, but Eaton has a wider selection of medium voltage gear, due to buying or merging with Westinghouse.

Westinghouse was the original 3-phase power distribution company, and employed Tesla, who came up with much of the 3-phase designs.
Most of the modern 3-phase power distribution systems used today are very much like the original Westinghouse 3-phase systems.

Westinghouse 3-phase was installed at Niagra Falls in 1896, and after that, nobody took DC power distribution seriously.

Reaction score
Henry Ford, due to his long friendship with Thomas Edison, equipped his plants at Piquette Ave, and then the huge Highland Park Complex, with only DC motors for every machine. I'm not sure if they put DC or alternating motors in when they built the Rouge complex. It cost him a LOT of money to do that, when most of U.S. industry had converted to AC power exclusively.

Reaction score
Edison made a LOT of money from his mate Henry....His old workshop is now an exhibit at the Greenfield museum.
Visit Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI | The Henry Ford A nice place to visit next to the Ford test track at Dearborn... I had friends living there so it was a regular visit before they moved away.
I worked on Power Station busbars, so 4kV and a few KA are smaller than I regularly had on my desk. The nearest I managed was the starter busbars for the motor-generator sets at Dinorwic Power station. A stationary water turbine, connected to another to be used for pumping water up the mountain (pumped storage site) used my busbars at 18 kV and a lot of kA! to generate the slow AC increasing in frequency to synchronous speed while starting the second Motor/genset. When up to synchronous speed, the pump would be connected to the grid to use power from the nearby nuclear station, fed from the main 18kV busbars. 2 years of my life involved designing & building equipment for that place, now approaching end of life....(?) - not me, the turbine pump-gensets!
Dinorwig Power Station - Wikipedia
K2

Last edited:

Dubi

Reaction score
I'm Chinese, it's hard to see female mechanical maintenance technicians in China, my job is ENGEL injection molding machine maintenance, but the salary is not high
Hello Peng. What is the average salary for manual machine workers (Lathe, Mill etc) and for CNC (Machine Center etc) workers in China.
Does that apply across the country or different areas have different pay scales?
best regards, Dubi

pengxing10

Reaction score
Hello Peng. What is the average salary for manual machine workers (Lathe, Mill etc) and for CNC (Machine Center etc) workers in China.
Does that apply across the country or different areas have different pay scales?
best regards, Dubi
Different regions have different pay grades, I am in Chengdu, China, the hometown of giant pandas. CNC operators here, the average monthly salary is about 8000RMB

Dubi

Reaction score
Different regions have different pay grades, I am in Chengdu, China, the hometown of giant pandas. CNC operators here, the average monthly salary is about 8000RMB
Thank you very much for the information, most useful.

Latest posts