Chevy V8 Scale Engine Plane

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrashCo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am looking for a long time, the plans for a chevy v8 scale motor. can any one help where can I get the plans? :rolleyes:

Mfg
TrashCo

Steve Huck will probably see this post and respond. He has drawings for a V-8 engine that is based on a Chevy. He is a member so you could search his name and then send him an email.
gbritnell

If only I had the skill. So is that a small block, or a big block?

I have plans for a V8. If you are interested send me an email and i'll send some information. [email protected]

Done1.jpg~original

For anyone that is even thinking of a build like this I just want to say that his plans are amazing as well as pictures of the build and his support.
Looking forward to getting started on the build.

5/8 Inch Bore & Stroke
#8-40 Spark plugs
22 Degree Heads
¼ inch Valves
Roller Tip Rockers
280/280 Cam with .070 lift
Fully Functional Water Pump
3 CFM Demon Carburetor
Electronic CDI Ignition
Full length 5/16 inch Headers
Runs on Regular Gasoline
Designed by Steve Huck

This is probably one of those "if you have to ask, you won't like the answer" questions, but how many engines should one have made before they try this one?

I'm at exactly zero internal combustion engines. I've done one flame eater and one steam engine.

You should be fine. Just keep in mind that you will be making 8 times as many parts. Dont be in a big hurry to run it. The block and crankshaft are many hour pieces and then it gets a little easier.

Yes you need to remember it will take some time if you are slow like me took 5 years. And I found the intake and the cam the most challenging parts to make.

Start on the block. It will give you something to show around. All my milling was manual. Did cheat with drilling all the holes. Did the drill on a Cnc. Only used it to position and then pecked by hand Great engine

Yes I started with block and then the intake just take your time and don't get in a rush you'll do fine.

Back