Chevalier 618 surface grinder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed miles

Reaction score
Have a problem with the screw that raises and lowers the spindle. It has seized and the screw will not rotate in the brass nut.The spindle body is free in the ways. Does anyone have a manual for one of these machines. I need a view that shows the top right angle gear assembly so I can see how it will come out as an assembly. HELP.

Ed Miles

wareagle, I saw that one too. It was a dealer trying to get a high price for something that comes with a machine for free. Ebay is one place that I have not and will not have anything to do with. Reading the gripes and complaints of the people on various forums about the deals that went bad, problems with Paypal and different sleazy methods some of the sellers have of showing a product of one maufacturer and supplying another brand after the sale doesn't give a warm fuzzy feeling.

I have tried the distributor for Chevalier in CA last Friday and no reply yet. Have also tried the manufacturer in Tiawan last night and waiting to see if they will offer anything.

Ed

This one has been resolved. I contacted the manufacturer in Tiawan and they passed it on to a Canadian distributor near Toronto. They will photocopy the manual for $44.00 which is less than half what they were asking on Ebay. Iguess the moderator for this topic can delete this thread.

Regards Ed

Latest posts

Back