• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap lathe on eBay

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
{Voice = Crocodile Dundee}

Now THAT's a lathe!

I would defiantly be buying 'way oil' by the gallon.

Probably use a little bit more electricity over what my 9x20 uses too!.:big:

99 cents? What if no one else bids?

I got access to pay-pal!

"Honey", wheres your card! ;D

-MB

Any Ideas on getting that in the basement? :eek:

1hand said:

No basement for this one. I don't want to scratch up the steps on the way down.

Best bet is to set it up in the yard. Sorta like an industrial answer to yard gnomes.

And one big one is all ya really need! ;D

-MB

Now that is what I need to add to the list of Lathes that I have, then for sure I could be called Lathe Nut, with a real meaning behind the name, I had looked at a Niles, 48" chuck with a 30' bed, my wife was not understanding that day.

Fellows talking about lathes, I looked at one this week that a fellow wants to sell, I think the tag said, VanNorm, or VanHorn, does anyone of those words make sense to anyone, know something of the lathe, look like it was 100 years old, Lathe Nut

i used to run a lathe abit bigger than that one..............most times it was fun but you needed a bob cat to clean up the chips.

chuck

This one must be the 'short bed' toolroom model. Only 60" between centers. You could CNC-it and turn life-size chess pieces from solid!

Sad thing is it'll probably go for scrap unless somebody close by has a need for such a thing.

Which one of you snipers upped the bid to $1.25? ;D

$152.50 any bets on wat it will go for? My guess is $750

Matt

You think thats a big lathe, we owned one in our shop a year ago with a 8 FOOT swing with 15 feet center to center.

Wes

$511.00 Get your guesses in. Only 10 more hours.

1hand said:

Yep, just get the crane driver to rest it on the roof above the spot where you want it in the basement. Then release the slings. ;D
Quick, and effective but a little hard to level the lathe afterwards.

Retiring back to the peanut gallery,
Phil

My guess is $1500..

Does it come with a chuck key?

If so, then add $200 to my guess. :big:

-MB

$2025.00 Wow, looks like it got heated in the end. I was way off. So MB gets the Prize.

1hand said:
$2025.00 Wow, looks like it got heated in the end. I was way off. So MB gets the Prize.

Darn it!....................The prize got away!! :mad:

My max bid was set at $2000! I Got beat out with a measly $25!

It would have made a 'mind blowing' yard decoration! :big:

Other fish in the sea tho.

-MB

Back