Challenger V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmiller

Reaction score
Just thought I would post the progress on my V8. Managed to finish the 8 pistons without destroying any of the castings. I am going to move on to the piston rings before the connecting rods.
After_pistons_12_21_18.jpg
Greg

Looks good
do have any other photos of the build to share
I have a set of the same castings so would be nice to see how you machine the parts

michael
Have you started your engine yet? I started with the block, establishing the location of the cam and crankshaft. Attached is a picture of the fixture I used and the block in the fixture.
20180330_125100_resized.jpg 20180330_125824_resized.jpg

Looks realy nice Greg!
What is this castings kit? Where could I get it?
Yes, more photos, photos:D:D

Edi
This is the Challenger V8, I understand the castings are no longer available. My siblings and I purchased these for my Dad in the early 1970's. He passed away and never did much on them. I am the only machinist in the family so I get to work on them. Below is a picture of my block fixture and the block in the fixture.
20180330_125100_resized.jpg 20180330_125824_resized.jpg

Have you started your engine yet? I started with the block, establishing the location of the cam and crankshaft. Attached is a picture of the fixture I used and the block in the fixture.
View attachment 106357 View attachment 106360

Hi
I have not started it yet am working on the Peewee
Still have a lot to learn before i start on the challenger

Hi
I have not started it yet am working on the Peewee
Still have a lot to learn before i start on the challenger
I guess I am jumping right in, I have built a Stuart steam engine and that is it. I have been in metal my whole working career from machinist to manager. Hopefully I have learned enough to get by. Got the piston rings made this past week.
Greg

Latest posts

Back