It was a long road to get to this finish line with several different design changes. I tried using a cog belt but in order to stop the belt from jumping a tooth I had to have the belt quite tight. This caused too much drag on the engine as it would fire but not run on its own. Maybe a different belt with deeper teeth would have helped.
I also tried aluminum gears and as it did run the noise level was way too high. If the gears were inside a housing to muffle the sound it may have been acceptable but it would have been a project in itself.
I will post a few pictures.
View attachment 143715
View attachment 143717
View attachment 143718
View attachment 143719
I do have more pictures and a couple of drawings if there is a specific area you would like to see let me know.
Thank you all for the kind words and likes.