Cetus3D printer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gld

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post my two cents worth about this Cetus3D printer.
{ https://www.cetus3d.com/index.html}. I've it over a month and I've used it almost every day. Their software needs some tweaking but there's been two updates in the last month so they are working on it.
I have a CNC hot wire foam cutter and a CNC router and I've always wondered if an uninterruptible power supply would keep one of them going in the event of a power failure. So I plug the Cetus into my UPS and started a small print job. After it started printing I jerked the plug on the UPS. It never missed a hitch. So I set up and started a 5 Hour print job. About an hour and a half into that print job, the clumsy bastard I am, I tripped over the power cord and jerked it out of the printer. Oops. Okay, their software says the printer will remember where it was in the event of a power outage. So I immediately picked up the print head and smoothed out the soft plastic where it stopped. Then I reset the printer started it back up and after it initialized, a window popped up and said do you want to continue I said yes. (DUH) When the part was finished you could not tell where the power outage occurred. Needless to say, I’m very pleased with this printer.

Not affiliated, just a happy user.:thumbup:

Latest posts

Back