CAT 3406e Diesel engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigrigbri said:
I can beat that .
I first started this retirement project abight non very seriously when I was 17.
I am now 41. :-[ :-[

Brian.

Welcome Brother!...... ;D

Dave

Brian

I have just re-read all the posts regarding the Pete Wrecker with the big pussycat for power. Looked at all 140 photos in your album. What an amazing job you have done. If it wasn't for a hand, coin or scale in the photo's you would think they were full size. Just wondering if you have any updates. :bow:

cheers :)

Don

My updates on the build are minimal but have been trying to finish the main boom of the wrecker and the main boom cylinders.
This has been a pain also as the bore works out to be 32mm dia and is roughly,
300 long. This has meant that normal boring finishing methods are out of the window,
even trying at work on the cnc gave no better results.
Iended up buying some anodised bore pneumatic tube sold to people who build their own air rams.
With this I am 90% done on the rams and 80% done on the boom assembly.
On a darker note as all of the equiptment is at the old folks place and my farther is on a downward spiral of the latter stages of his terminal cancer I find myself looking after mum and dads needs when I can.
Will post some pics soon I hope.

Brian.

Brian

Thanks for the quick response. I am very sorry to hear of your Fathers fight with cancer. I experienced that several years ago with my Mother. Your first duty is to your parents. When time and circumstances permit more progress I will be watching. Best wishes to all.

Cheers :)

Don

Very impressive Brian, I have worked on many 3406E and it looks and sounds great! this engine was an awesome engine until they put compround turbros on it and called it C15.

John

Back