Carriage Stop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an almost impossible question to answer unless you were to add what other equipment you have such as an independent 4 jaw lathe chuck, lathe bed mounted or seperate stand alone mill, lathe milling attachment or other? That said, if there not made for that lathe, then the only other choice is to design one that fits within the available dimensions and build one on the lathe it's too be used on. Or pay someone with a mill to do so. A lathe is most of a horizontal mill but with usually some poor and much tougher choices for clamping work to the cross slide and easily adjust it to the correct elevations. It still depends on how much work your willing to do, and just how clever you are to get the raw stock fixtured at those correct orientations and coordinates to machine each feature. If you can hold and set the part well enough for each cut, a simple flycutter could do pretty much all of the machining at the expense of a fair amount of time. Other than the female V to fit your lathes front way, everything else could also be done on a face plate or that 4 jaw chuck and rotating the work piece. Buying or building a Keats angle plate would also make most of the work much easier for flat surfaces machined while rotating the work with the lathe spindle. Model Engineering and engineering tools online from RDG Tools Ltd Home Page (Engineering Tools) Tel 01422 885069 /884605

I have a Lathemaster/Hf 8x14 lathe. Can't seem to find a carriage stop for it.
Any ideas
If a lathe does not have one I make one for lathe
I like using aluminum block.

Dave

Do the same as I did for my HF 7x10 and my Enco 12 x 36. A couple aluminum blocks and make one.

Latest posts

Back