Canadianhorsepower's build of Rupnow engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Luc, I understand. I always used telescoping gauges and have not run across a bore gauge.

Pat W

I will take a few days off on this build:wall:

I just receive a panic call of someone that needs 4 PLC
yesterday, like they say money talk:D

Luc--This is just a drop in to say Hi and offer up a word of encouragement. I am currently "breaking new ground" with my CDI ignition that I have purchased. ( I don't believe that my engine requires a CDI to run it, but I have always wanted to try one.) Cheers mate, keep up the good work. I will probably repeat this message to all the others who are building the Rupnow engine.---Brian

Hi Luc, just wondering when you are going to be free to resume work on your engine. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Paul.

Hi Luc, just wondering when you are going to be free to resume work on your engine. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Paul.
I should finish the 4th PLC today, some clean up:fan: and
Monday should be back at itwoohoo1

I pet it everyday when I go by it. It's a love affairRof}

your doing excellent job on yours also
Look greatThm:Thm:

Looking forward to you getting back to it Luc, keep on posting those pictures. Are you planning to use points and a coil or CDI?

Paul.

Hey it's starting Rupnow's motor again:D
just finish installing my new glass scale on my lathe:fan:
change the set up a bit end result 1 thou off on five inch
good enough for me. Now lets start the central vac and clean up:wall:

Well Luc--Its Monday night, and we all have our fingers crossed for Swifty in Australia. He has had his Rupnow engine running in brief spurts, but is having issues with the crankshaft slipping a bit in the flywheel. He is taking it into his shop as we speak to pin the joint he thinks is slipping, but he may have the second running Rupnow engine in the world.--I'm looking forward to your pictures.---Brian

Hey Brian don't worry uou will have mine running also soon
but at this time I cant tell anyone
hey take your 70.00 to 100.00 /hour rate and stick it up your but
sorry for the delay but it will be completed

Luc--Why are you being so rude to me? What's with the "$70 to $100 per hour and stick it up your but"?? I am simply asking about your progress because I am interested.--You were given the engine plans free. I sent you the ball turner free.---And now you are rude and insulting to me?? This is not the way grown men deal with each other.-Brian

Last edited:
Luc--Why are you being so rude to me? What's with the "$70 to $100 per hour and stick it up your but"?? I am simply asking about your progress because I am interested.--You were given the engine plans free. I sent you the ball turner free.---And now you are rude and insulting to me?? This is not the way grown men deal with each other.-Brian

Brian sorry for the wrong interpretation here:hDe:

that wasn't direct to you at all. what I meant to say is that I can't
tell my customer that pays me that money that I wont take it cause I have a hobby. Beside teaching I do a lot of contract for school and it never change
when its the beginning or the end of a semester they find some money and then they want everything done the same day or for the beginning of the next semester:wall::wall:

I'm anxious to see mine working also
cheers

Luc

Brian, one reason Luc is behind on his build (that he isn;t mentioning) is that he graciously spent about a week trying to help me trouble shoot a ignition circuit board I built. So I'm sure that put him behind too.

Luc, just to let you know I built a new board and put test lite between E2 and E4 and waved magnet at the hall sensor and it flashes the test lite off and on. So I think I have a working circuit. Thanks again for your help.

Ron

Ozzie--I didn't mean to imply that Luc was behind. As I have said before, this isn't a race. Luc is doing good work, and I'm interested in his progress, that's all.---Brian

I didn't mean that either. Poor choice of words on my part. I just meant that if he hadn't been helping me he could have been working on his engine.

Ron

Back