CAMBIELA engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUUTOR

MUUTOOR
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm appreciating the skills here presented. Is my intent to build a prototype of a small engine to test a concept of engine with a connecting rod that does not change its angle during the cycle. More details in the attachment. This is obviously an hobby and now I'm discussing with a company to 3D print my first prototype very far away from making some smoke. Basically I'm trying to see if I can make the parts move :)

So far, in this forum I did not find in this anything similar in terms of engine architecture but I assume that I also did not check all the threads.

Rgds
Muutoor

View attachment 2015_07_30_AnaliseViabilidadeMotorCAMBIELA.pdf

Fabrico.jpg

Quote - "This way, in half of the cycle each gear has
to have a free wheel situation; that is achieved with a set
of teeth that lock each gear only in one direction"

Use a spragg/one way bearing. The ratchet mechanism you've drawn and described will wear and fail pretty quickly.

Quote - "This way, in half of the cycle each gear has
to have a free wheel situation; that is achieved with a set
of teeth that lock each gear only in one direction"

Use a spragg/one way bearing. The ratchet mechanism you've drawn and described will wear and fail pretty quickly.

Thank you Sir. This is one of many improvements it will need. I will take your recommendation in consideration.
Rgds

What about noise from gear since there is not helical teeth to give smooth transfering of power from rack gear to gear wheel? And the other problem: How to start up the engine since there is not power to give the pistons a push to create compression before firing, with other word: where is the power to rotate gear wheel and give pistons push against combustion camber since there is freewheel in one directions and not vice versa?

A simpler system would be the epicycloid crank mechanism. The crankpin rotates the small gear around the ring gear and the eccentric gives a straight reciprocating action to the rod in the picture.

Lohring Miller

attachment.php

The Scotch Yoke would be my call. Those are smooth running and can last a long time.

Tk you all gentlemen. Its amazing how many solutions are there already...

I'll keep doing my little toy; in the 3D printer they had to reduce it to 40% of the size of my CAD drawings to fit the printers :)

Rgds

The Scotch Yoke would be my call. Those are smooth running and can last a long time.

Looking at the scotch yoke and the epycicloidal mechanism, this last seems more robust and reliable but thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Back