Cam Grinder

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by ironman, Mar 28, 2012.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Mar 28, 2012 #1

ironman

ironman

ironman

I made the Gene Switzer Cam Grinder from plans in Strictly IC magazine about 5 years ago. Made 2 single cylinder cams and one 2 cylinder cam during that time. Am now into pen turning on a wood lathe and the cam grinder is just sitting there. Had a 1/4HP motor on it but have taken that off and made a buffer with it.

If any one might be interested, I will get out there and get some pictures of it and will try to answer any questions you may have.

Ray

2. Mar 28, 2012 #2

steamer

steamer

steamer

Sure!

Dave

3. Mar 28, 2012 #3

petertha

petertha

petertha

Well-Known Member HMEM Supporter

Yes please! Coincidentally I was just daydreaming about this very topic, trying to figure out the geometry puzzle of replicating cam profiles from oversize templates. Hoping to 'keep it simple', I got about this far, the rocking-rotating principle. (Its not a real mechanism, its just to validate the motion). Then I stumbled on this fine machine & came to realize realized there is probably more to it ;D
    http://www.metallmodellbau.de/Nockenwellenschleifmaschine.php

I semi-recall that SIC feature, but I was unable to find any pics on the net. So YES, any & all info is appreciated.

** Oops? I just realized you posted this in the Buy/Sell section. Maybe I misunderstood, are you volunteering pictures in that regard? (I don't want to create work for you, I was moreso interested in how it functions **

2012-03-27_213024.jpg

4. May 29, 2019 #4

rswinberg

rswinberg

rswinberg

Ray,
    Did you ever sell this cam grinder?
    Thanks,
    Randy