CAD Drawings Scotish Marine Boiler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antanello

Reaction score
Hello Friends! :)
Looking for CAD (DWG) drawings for Scotch Marine Horizontal Boiler (firetube) with one or two furnaces.
I want to produce a little miniature working copy of this boiler.
Thank You Very Much for possibility of help.

Low Bow.
Vadim Y., Riga, Latvia.

boiler_scotch_suspended.jpg

This forum is open to all who are willing to resect others , follow the rules of the forum and are willing to learn. we also ask folks to introduce themselves. Please post an introduction tell us a bit about yourself , your shop and your interest in model engine building.
the rules are here:
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f27/heres-rules-9065/
I am also curious why you are asking for CAD format.
Tin

Just so you know Scotch Marine boilers are horizontal boilers.

Best Regards
Bob

CAD or PDF... Anyway. But metric system is much more desirable :)
And yes, sorry, Horizontal Boiler. It was a mistake. :)

Вадим,

Какой формат cad, dwg, dxf ?

С уважением
Роберт

Вадим,

Какой формат cad, dwg, dxf ?

С уважением
Роберт

Роберт!
Желательно dwg чертежики :)
Заранее Благодарю!
Спасибо!

Hi Vadim,

My wife is Russian so I have some understanding of the language.

For our others friends the reason I signed of as Robert in my last post is because Bob in Russian means bean.

Anyway back to the boiler.

I have a PDF which has duplicate Imperial and metric measurements. I can also send you a dwg file of the boiler, alas my program did not convert from my native TurboCAD *.tcw to boiler.dwg correctly, the measurements are all wrong. I need your email, so send me a personal message if you want them as the files are oversize for this forum.

I hope you find this useful.

Best Regards, С уважением
Bob

Vadim,

email sent with DWG & PDF

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Rob,

Rob doesn't = bean

Bob, Боб = bean and Robert = Роберт = Well I guess you know by now ;)

Best Regards
Bob the bean

Hey Mr Bean can you please send me a copy too. Thank you sir

Hi Herbie,

Drove past your place today but the rain was horizontal and the crabs were flying out of the mud so leaving the warmth and comfort of my car was way down on the priority list. I will forward the email to you.

Best Regards
Bob

Last edited:
A lot of the crabs got clobbered with hailstones :D
Anyhow you know you're always welcome and thanks for the plans

Hi Vadim,

My wife is Russian so I have some understanding of the language.

For our others friends the reason I signed of as Robert in my last post is because Bob in Russian means bean.

Anyway back to the boiler.

I have a PDF which has duplicate Imperial and metric measurements. I can also send you a dwg file of the boiler, alas my program did not convert from my native TurboCAD *.tcw to boiler.dwg correctly, the measurements are all wrong. I need your email, so send me a personal message if you want them as the files are oversize for this forum.

I hope you find this useful.

Best Regards, С уважением
Bob

Thank You Very Much for drawings, Bob!
Respect to You! :)

I was reading so of the old post and you kept asking why Cad well here is why, if I would like to change something to my way of doing things it's very easy to change the drawings. If they are in pdf you will need to redraw the whole part to get the relationship to what you want to change. A good example is Lee's Radials I've made a number of changes but had to redraw the part is make sure they fit.
Thanks,
Todd

Todd:
Please post an introduction in the welcome area. Tell us a bit about yourself your shop and your interest in model engines.

you mention building radials so seems like you have lots you can share here.
As far as why do we ask why cad? There are many reasons people want an like cad files:
Some of these reasons have legitimate use and some not.
we want Hobby folks to have a good experience cad files as you say are easy to change to personalize the design and easily fed in to a cam package to create code on a hobby cnc.

At the same time a engineering student or apprentice engineer can take a plan set plagiarize it and call it his or her own design and use someone elses hard work get an easy grade or commercialize what was intended for non commercial hobby use.

So someone pops in from nowhere and asks for a plan set. the only way to determine intent is to ask questions and get a dialog going.

Tin

I reposted my welcome as you requested, I have no idea what happened to the first one.

Antanello

The boiler shell in your illustration is a three furnace return tube marine boiler, The photo shows only the main water drum, with Fox corrugated furnace tubes(corrugated on the rolls for strength, before riveting in, When prior to lowering the boiler into the ship, the smoke box, on top of which is a mounting for the funnel, are bolted on to the boiler shell

The furnace doors are fitted on also, as are the boiler mountings-- Water gauges, pressure gauge feed check valve etc.

If you could borrow a pair of books published in Glasgow called Verbal Notes & Sketches for Marine Engineers by Sothern, These excellent books have super drawings of Scotch boilers

Latest posts

Back