Cabin Fever in York, PA - How many of you are attending?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadecy

Reaction score
I'm planning on being there for Saturday and maybe Sunday. I'm not planning on displaying since I only have one engine.

Hopefully I'll get to say hi to a few of you while I'm there.

Doug C.

Unfortunately I won't get to go this year after having been for each of the past two years. For those in the group that are going...if you can spare the time on Friday...I highly recommend the Harley-Davidson plant tour. One of their main assembly and fabrication plants is right there in York and it is one of the best factory tours I have ever been on. While it isn't the location where the engines are assembled, it does offer up close looks at state of the art equipment in other areas...laser cutting, die stamping, robotics, CNC, etc...not to mention all those brand new Harley's traveling down the assembly line. Well worth the few hours it takes!!!

I'm definitely going to attend, it's only a 25 mile drive. I recently completed my first steam engine that runs nicely on compressed air. True to my nature I've just completed a second one, having cut the last few pieces this afternoon. If I can get it running I plan to show both. I also have a few completed Stirlings that are a little balky and I may show them because often passers-by with some insight on why these are unreliable will pass their knowledge on to me. If I'm showing my engines please introduce yourself and reference this group.

Cheers,
Phil

Doug:
there is no law saying how many engines you need to display. If you want you can set you engine up on my table and hang out if you like. I remember a guy a few years ago was exhibiting only one model a approx 1/12 scale operating model of a Brigeport mill twin head. One milling head and one shaping slotting.
tin

I wish I could attend but I have to work. I plan on going to the NAMES tho

I will be going this year. Most likely only on Saturday. I am looking forward to meeting some of you.

Eric

Just a suggestion. When a bunch of metalshapers go to the Pate Swapmeet every year in Texas, we always meet at a Denny's close to the fairgrounds for breakfast. Makes it easy for first timers to meet the others and we get a chance to drink coffee and tell lies before the serious scrounging begins.

Some one might want to check it out.

Wish I was closer, it sounds like a good time.

OK checked it out there is a Denny's 2 1/2 miles from the York Fair grounds. Map & directions So how does a 7 am HMEM meet and greet Saturday morning sound. I will bounce the Idea off the wife but do not see a problem.Let me know if you plan too attend if I get enough response I will call ahead and have them set a table or area aside for us.
Tin Falcon

Sorry but I'll have to catch with you at the displays. I'm driving there early saturday morning and it is a 5 hour drive. I'll have to leave really early to make it there by 9am.

Latest posts

Back