Cabin Fever Expo 2022 - 25th

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschoenly

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

First sorry for my lack of posts. I assure it is only an artifact of being very busy this year!

As of now we are very much planning to have to the show. We have been advertising in all the usual places. Attached is a flyer for this year. We have made some minor tweaks. The show time change is more an adjustment to "what happens at the show" more than trying to make a change. No one will be rushed out Sunday, we'll have air on in the morning, etc. However Friday and Saturday have always been the busy days so we are adjusting to this new schedule.

As for the Covid situation - We will be following all guidelines as required. We will certainly be encouraging masks and distancing to the best of everyone's ability. Again, any requirements will be those place on us.

The auctions have shifted to all Online Only bidding. The plan is to however still have the items on site for inspection and pickup following the sales. Bidding can be done on phones, tablets, laptops, etc and we plan to have some minimal bids accepted for those without devices. Terms and information for this will be coming soon.

We missing seeing everyone at the show and are certainly hoping we are able to enjoy the weekend as we all have missed the comradery this past year.

Jared

Attachments

• 2022 Full Pg Ad.pdf
    999.3 KB · Views: 396
So I will be at the show and I will not be allowed to bid because I have no way to do it online? Good thinking...........

The auctions have shifted to all Online Only bidding. The plan is to however still have the items on site for inspection and pickup following the sales. Bidding can be done on phones, tablets, laptops, etc and we plan to have some minimal bids accepted for those without devices.
The only thing I see is MINIMAL BIDS...That does not sound like bidding as normal..........

The bidding is online. You can use a smart phone, Tablet, laptop or other devices via the web or our app to place bids and they guest internet will be available for everyone's use. There will be a process in place to accept bids but logistically we have to take your max bid and will require those to be place a certain amount of time prior to the items close. There are multiple avenues available for the bidding.

So I will be at the show and I will not be allowed to bid because I have no way to do it online? Good thinking...........
Greetings Jared
Just read you info regarding the auction items. As you have made changes over the years as on the job training hope the on line begging process is a success. Look forward to see you. Merry Xmas
Harvey kratz

Hello all!

First sorry for my lack of posts. I assure it is only an artifact of being very busy this year!

As of now we are very much planning to have to the show. We have been advertising in all the usual places. Attached is a flyer for this year. We have made some minor tweaks. The show time change is more an adjustment to "what happens at the show" more than trying to make a change. No one will be rushed out Sunday, we'll have air on in the morning, etc. However Friday and Saturday have always been the busy days so we are adjusting to this new schedule.

As for the Covid situation - We will be following all guidelines as required. We will certainly be encouraging masks and distancing to the best of everyone's ability. Again, any requirements will be those place on us.

The auctions have shifted to all Online Only bidding. The plan is to however still have the items on site for inspection and pickup following the sales. Bidding can be done on phones, tablets, laptops, etc and we plan to have some minimal bids accepted for those without devices. Terms and information for this will be coming soon.

We missing seeing everyone at the show and are certainly hoping we are able to enjoy the weekend as we all have missed the comradery this past year.

Jared

I wish that we had these sort of expos in Australia. It would be awesome.

Hello all!

Jared

Hi, Jared,

Thanks for the update. Perhaps if those with concerns download the App, view the auctions that are currently open and read the Terms & Conditions they would better understand the process.

Looking forward to finally meeting you next month and having a great show!

Best regards,

Charlie

Charlie,

I agree! The apps can be found here:

Online Bidding | home

We find it is easy to use and register for most. Some people have had issues filling in incorrect information, so anyone having trouble I just suggest reading the fields carefully. The Morning Sessions for Friday has been posted and is live for bidding (just 64 lots, more coming soon!). The link to this sale is:

Fri Jan 14th Cabin Fever Expo Friday Auction - Morning Session

All Auctions that are live for bidding can be found here:

Cabin Fever Auctions

You can hit the "star" to put lots in "my items" to view easier whether you have bid on them or not. You can also browse by categories by clicking the grid of 9 squares. We are always happy to help users as well by email or phone. Thanks!

Jared

I am looking forward to the show. Will be looking for ignition kits for hit & miss gas engine models, and just enjoying a relaxing day taking in all the neat displays.

I had a good time at the show. I spend most of Friday walking around the show and more of Saturday at my table. I was happy to get my Howell V-Twin running albeit a bit smoky on one cylinder. I did not see much for ignition systems though. I too was looking but for multi-cylinder engines. I'm not sure if S&S is still selling products or if the business has been sold. What else is out there for reliable ignition systems?

Had a good time at the show too. I have been going for almost 20 years now and always look forward to it and a chance to acquire more tools and materials. I do hope they return to the old live auction format next year (or whenever the pandemic becomes more endemic). I don't mind the electronic bidding process, but it does seem to limit the amount of stuff in the auction. In years past, the un-numbered "yard sale" auction that went on in conjunction with the regular auction yielded many treasures at excellent prices. This year, every lot had to be numbered and cataloged and there was far less stuff for sale. There were noticeably fewer in attendance, which I put down to COVID, but it made check-out and pick-up a breeze.

I am still building 3 of my CDI units as time permits. I have an issue with my left eye and a follow up appointment this Friday and could not chance getting sick and missing my follow up appointment. The eye does seem to be getting very slowly better. I will leave the main page of my original web site up as long as possible and continue building CDI's as long as possible. I really hated missing CF this year. I am still trying to retire from the electronics as it is far past time to start machining the many casting kits I have accumulated over the years. Feel free to email me with requests or questions. I would also like to thank all who have supported us over the years and I plan on staying active with the IC engines and builders and provide support.

Best Regards,
Roy Sholl
http://www.cncengines.com/

.... I do hope they return to the old live auction format next year .....
From the Friday evening Vendor's Meeting, the on-line format is here to stay. Cabin Fever Auctions does online auctions on average 2x per week during the year. The online format and their willingness to ship auction items has opened them up to a worldwide pool of bidders. As such, this format has worked well for them. As a side-note, many of the bidders were on-site Friday or were coming to pick up their items on Saturday.

Joy and I had a great time catching up with the folks that stopped by our booth and missed the friends that didn't make it to the show. We were very busy and were only able to get away from the booth for a few minutes here or there. All-in-all a very good show. We'll be back next year in the same spot and hope this virus craziness is done by then.

Todd.

From the Friday evening Vendor's Meeting, the on-line format is here to stay. Cabin Fever Auctions does online auctions on average 2x per week during the year. The online format and their willingness to ship auction items has opened them up to a worldwide pool of bidders. As such, this format has worked well for them. As a side-note, many of the bidders were on-site Friday or were coming to pick up their items on Saturday.

Joy and I had a great time catching up with the folks that stopped by our booth and missed the friends that didn't make it to the show. We were very busy and were only able to get away from the booth for a few minutes here or there. All-in-all a very good show. We'll be back next year in the same spot and hope this virus craziness is done by then.

Todd.
Would love to go to the show and see your products. Such a long ways away. Wish there was a show further west like it.

Todd.

I enjoyed the online auction. I arrived early enough Friday to look at everything I was interested in and adjust my highest bids accordingly. I then cruised the booths and displays, with a couple of trips into the Consignment Area before they started distributing the morning's auction items. I agree that with fewer attendees, checkout and purchases at Consignment were easy; plus, the online format made it easy to see how much something you lost sold for (a HF torque wrench for 50% over new??).

As I said, I don't mind the online bidding so much, but I will truly miss the un-numbered lots auction, and I suspect (based on comments at the show) that there are a good many others who will also. I sincerely hope they will restore that part of the auction, in conjunction with the online bidding on numbered lots and machines. I must say though, the online bidding process is a huge improvement over having 3 or 4 auctioneers going at the same time in that same space as in recent years past. And to your point, it allows more time to cruise the model displays and the consignment sales area!

I have been monitoring and bidding in the online auctions CF has had over the last couple of years. I am primarily interested in machinery and tools, and most of the auctions have migrated to model trains and toys now, so my interest in most of them is tertiary at best. In fact, at the show I skipped the Saturday portion of the auction entirely, since they were only offering diecast toys and model airplane items.

You wonder if during the lockdowns, everyone's been getting back into setting up their own shops. I definitely added tools to my arsenal, and old "junk" toys are becoming treasure on ebay.

Latest posts

Back