Cabin Fever coming up soon!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheepo45

Reaction score
The Cabin Fever Show will be January 13th and 14th - hope to see some of you there.
I just finished some new plugs for my engines. The biggest ones are M10 x 1.25, and the smallest is 10-32.
I used a lot of magnifiers!
Scott

Attachments

• Spark Plugs 1 2 23.jpg
    Spark Plugs 1 2 23.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 5
Our room is booked, anyone else from Ontario going?

I am only 500 miles away. Last year was the only one I nave missed in the 25 years its been running, so I am really anxious to get there. About time to start watching the weather.

Can't wait. This will be my first show since taking up the hobby. Would it make any sense for HMEM-ers to present or carry some kind of sticker or flag so we might find each other in person at the show?

We do try to set up in the front of the first hall across from the Li'l Loco's booth.
Hope to see you there.
Scott

I was planning a visit, but it was getting more expensive and difficult. Went a few years ago and really enjoyed the experience. Made the decision not to go yesterday when I saw a news report suggesting that Covid restrictions could be reintroduce in that part of the world. I find the American shows much better than the UK ones, in fact there isn’t a London show this year, which is why I thought about having a trip to Pennsylvania.

Perhaps next year.

I was planning a visit, but it was getting more expensive and difficult. Went a few years ago and really enjoyed the experience. Made the decision not to go yesterday when I saw a news report suggesting that Covid restrictions could be reintroduce in that part of the world. I find the American shows much better than the UK ones, in fact there isn’t a London show this year, which is why I thought about having a trip to Pennsylvania.

Perhaps next year.
Haven’t heard anything about any Covid restrictions anywhere in Pennsylvania, but would not think they would be anything more than masking.

Haven’t heard anything about any Covid restrictions anywhere in Pennsylvania, but would not think they would be anything more than masking.
It was UK news (speculation) but either way I have had my fill of masks, tests etc. I will resume my travels, when there is no possibility of needing to do either. The cost was getting silly as also, not helped by the ludicrous cost of a visa.

Now I can spend the money I have saved on something else!

I can't make this show, although I have seriously considered it, and am still semi-considering it.

But I am done with any/all COVID anything.
I won't wear a mask, get tested, or anything else related to COVID.

Any show I go to, I will walk in the door unmasked, and if someone starts trouble, I will just walk back to the car and leave.

I am very done with COVID and the associated restrictions/passports/you name it.

Anyone worried about COVID should stay home.

My thoughts exactly, the media here are desperate to start the whole thing again, which is why I am staying put, as its a lot of money, which normally I don‘t mind spending to see some quality models and talk to interesting people. I like Pennsylvania very much and was planning on exploring for a day or two. As I said before maybe next year if the world becomes a little more sensible.

Just checked: Pennsylvania has not issued number updates since July, so while I am sure someone is watching numbers for Covid, Flu & RSV, they aren't making a big deal out of it. I still see some people wearing masks, but it is their own choice. I had a very bad cold that hung around for three weeks (not unlike some cold viruses 10+ years ago, they just lingered).

The Expo Center does not have anything noted on their website, and per the CDC community level is "low:"

20230105 CDC Lebanon Cty PA.png

I do see some folks wearing masks, but I assume it is because they are immune compromised, have tested positive or are just being cautious.

I hope you reconsider and try to make it this year.

Joy and I will be there in our usual spot. :) :cool:

Long-range weather is looking great for Friday (37-degrees / mostly cloudy), and not bad for Saturday with temps around 40 with a 45% chance of rain/snow mix. Mild weather usually helps to make a great show.

Last year's Covid protocols were pretty much "come as you are". We were maskless Thursday thru Sunday. About 1 in 5 wore a mask. One gentleman had a half-face respirator. No-one seemed to mind, regardless of what you're comfortable with, or without.

Looking forward to catching up with whoever stops by.
See you there,
Todd.

Latest posts

Back