"C" exceeded

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Jerry

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Einstein would have you believe that nothing can exceed the speed of light. E=mc2 and all that. Apparently, in all his observation he never observed things going south. I don't have the ability to measure that accurately, but in my shop, when things head south, there is no speed limit, easily beating light. In fact one of the first things that happens is that the air turns blue. I think that is a sign that light is lagging behind events, but it could be the language.

Today was one of those days. Don't tell me you haven't had them.

Jerry

I can always tell when I am getting ready to munch a part, its when I have completed several hours of machining, and the part is almost done, and everything is perfect (so far).

Never fails, crunch.
New bit time.

"Beam me up Scotty." :p

Best Regards
Bob

I've made my share of blue air in the shop, but the true master at blue air was my Uncle Frank, a farmer in South Dakota, when a piece of equipment failed in the field. The beauty of his cussing is that it would start slow and gentle, comical and almost poetic, and then gradually build over time, in volume and color, to a constant stream of creative cussery. His wife was pretty good at assessing the extent of the repair needed, and if it looked like it would take more than a half hour, she would bundle the kids out of the field before he really got going. If it took more than an hour, he'd could blister the paint off of a pick up truck 50 yards away. Other than that, he was the kindest, gentlest man in the world, never said a bad word about anyone. I think he really believed that he could cuss the metal into submission, as he did his horses, in earlier years. I'm not sure he couldn't.

Many times I'll be working in my hobby shop, talking to my machines.

My wife will yell down the steps:
"If that isn't energetic prayer I'm hearing, someone is in trouble!"
:hDe:

Rick

Latest posts

Back