Buzz Saw

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use two different coloured woods you could make a set of checkers :hDe:

Now THAT my friends, looks like a buzz saw blade!!! 44 teeth and only .028" thick. With any luck, tomorrow will see a buzz saw party!!!

And this my friends, is the end. I had a hard time to find an engine that would run the saw without bogging down in the middle of the cut, but finally used one of my faithful old hit and miss engines. This lends even a bit more authenticity to the video, because the hit and miss engine was the engine of choice for many buzz saws. I probably won't use this saw again, because it is amazingly dangerous, just as it's full size ancestors were. It does work, and does indeed cut the logs, albeit more slowly than the full sized buzz saws with much more powerful engines did. If you build one of these, beware--they don't know the difference between a finger and a log, and will happily saw through either!!
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKiX6ESTaV8&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Awesome work (as usual) Brian. Does this complete your woodshop now, or do you have another interesting gizmo to model for us?

Cogsy--I'm tired of modelling for now. I can't think of anything I want to build, and really, I have been on the forums too much this winter. Think I will try and lay low for a while now.---Brian

Brian,

I really like your videos when you have everything hooked up together. The saw is certainly working well.

Thanks for all your work.

--ShopShoe

Kind of a side note, full size buzz saw blades and the larger scale ones have no forward rake on their teeth so as not to grab just sort of a safety surprise kinda thing there's some pretty decent videos on you tube about blade sharpening

Although its a model and replica of past machines its still as dangerous as
any other saw.Put a perspex guard on it.It wont spoil the look
but any future demos especially with grandkids would be far safer
Regards barry

Baz--This is the only model I have built which scares me. I probably won't do any more demonstrations with it. I know it works, I've made the video. It can live on a shelf now for the rest of it's days.--Brian

Latest posts

Back