Bushfire/Wildfire

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunna

Reaction score
I am sure many of you will remember the devastating fires that raged through southern Australia in Feb 2007. Known locally as "Black Saturday", the fires claimed 173 lives and destroyed over 2000 homes. Whilst the loss of life can never be forgotten, many other things were destroyed as well. Imagine you had a shed full of very high quality vintage cars and several Jaguars which were all very precious to you. I have been able to view the aftermath of this event today and thought others may be interested in the incredible heat involved. The two shots are of what was a concours standard Jaguar V12 XJS coupe which was in said shed on a concrete floor. The puddle under the front is the remains of the aluminium engine block whilst the other shot shows the remains of the windscreen glass. Just to show the variables of an event like this, less than 10 yards from this shed is an even larger shed which contains over 100 vintage engines, Listers, Crossleys, etc which was completely untouched.
Ian.

Jag1.jpg

Jag2.jpg

Yes, it is eerie. I have seen so many stories regarding these bushfires where a whole street is completely flattened and one house completely unscathed for no logical reason. Mother natures lottery? ???

Back