Building Kozo's New Shay locomotive

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can imagine it is very tight in those spaces to be running the tubing. There's more on the Shay than on the A3 also. And, there's more space as most of the tubing runs on the outside. You're a pretty clever guy though. I'm sure you'll get it done right. :)

Todd

It is getting done - also inventing new words/phrases :eek: every time I rescrape a knuckle (again) or the part falls down out of reach for the umpteenth time in a row!! :wall: A lot of it is due to the articulated trucks, so all the tubing to/from the axle pumps has to go close to the pivot point and then make longer loops to minimize the flexing. Just hope these joints dont leak much and have to redo them! Not looking forward to the oil pump, that has three outputs!

Hi crueby,
Loving your project,please post many pictures.Great inspiration!
Cheers

Hi crueby,
Loving your project,please post many pictures.Great inspiration!
Cheers

Thanks! There are some more pictures and videos of it test running on air over in the Finished Projects section. The remaining work on it is mainly in the piping/etc underneath, so wont be changing appearance much more from now. I am taking a short break from it now that boating/outdoor season has finally arrived (was a LONG winter here!)

Back