Building it!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy I hate that when that happens...Good luck, I hope you find it quickly and not do too much damage.

Regards

Philly

I found the error code problem - broken splice on the outdoor temperature sensor wire. Fixed.

Waiting for the AC guy to show.

Update*** 16:10

Guy showed up and found leak in 1 minute - compression joint on outside unit not tight ??? So no holes need to be knocked in the walls. ;D I have the same temp. sensor error on this unit too, but should be easy to check the wire splices tomorrow.

It is too cold to charge the units, but they will be back on Friday, when it's supposed to warm up.

We had the final plumbing and electrical inspections today. Got a few minor fixes to do prior to final framing and CO:

Inspectors came by. There are a few minor things to fix, but they are letting them go until the final:

Electrical:

1) Needs a lockout on the breaker for the water heater, since it's not visible from the panel.
2) Need some dryer vent covers to shield the AC linesets at the point where they exit the siding.

Plumbing:

1) Caulk the sides of the shower doors
2) Need sidesplash for the sink cabinet
3) Need "bumpers" between the toilet tank and the wall, as there's an inch or so too much space.

Since I want to get the big Johnson bandsaw working pretty soon, I took the old blade off and brought it to school, where the instructor had told me I could make another from the school supply.

When he looked at the blade he said that it was still good, and was the type with variable pitch teeth. However, we still cut off two lengths (137" each) to make two additional blades. I had to learn to use the Doall bandsaw blade welder to join the ends. Fortunately there was a scrap blade in the trash bin that I could cut into pieces to practice on. It took a couple of tries to get a good practice weld. The "test" is to bend it and see if the blade snaps at the weld.

I'm not sure how long a bandsaw blade is supposed to last, but given the stuff we cut for modelmaking I'm guessing a long time. So with three blades I should be set.

kvom,

SPEED SPEED SPEED.......!

Don't over speed the blade for the material at hand and they will last a good while

Ignore this and the blade is gone in a blink!......ask me how I know this....

Dave

Today I'm picking up a breaker lockout at Grainger, which is the last thing I need to install before calling for my final framing inspection. Hopefully that will take place on Friday.

YIPEE!!!!

Congratulations! It's been a long time coming. I'll bet you're glad it's finally over.

Kevin

Kvom,

099.gif
yippie.gif

Best Regards
Bob

It's only over as far as inspections go. Now I need to get set up the way I want. I moved the big compressor in this morning, and put the lathe where I want it (can now reach the RPC on/off switch from in front of the lathe). Next is to move in my tool boxes and arrange them, plus my old workbench. And then I need to build some more benches along the walls and hang a few cabinets.

Of course the girls want to start "decorating" the upstairs too.

That's going to be one nice shop!

Look forward to seeing the final pics.

Latest posts

Back