building a small butane regulater

Help Support HMEM:

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Has any one built a small butane regulater.Or were I can find information on building one . Thanks Dale

Blogwitch

Ex Bogstandard
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple of valves.

The regulator one is geared towards gas cylinders available in the UK, you would need to make it to fit whatever canisters you use. The other valve is a demand valve, just like for scuba diving, it allows gas through only when the engine requires it, when the engine stops, it turns the gas flow off.

I have just imported about a dozen of the diaphragms and valves from the US for some jobs I have to finish off, but they are readily available on eblag for less than 10 bucks the pair, if you search about.

John

View attachment Gas Valve And Regulator.pdf

demand Valve.jpg

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Thank Guys I will check out this info. and let you know what I decide on .Thanks again Dale

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I took a gas furance valve apart this morning and there was abig enough gasket in it that i beleive will work for my diaphrams. a lot testing I will have to do. Dale

Blogwitch

Ex Bogstandard
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Dale,

For your diaphragm you really need something like 1mm thick neoprene that is rather soft.

John

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Hi John the material I have is neopreme . there is two differant thickness . One is really thin the other about 3 time as thick .Thanks for the comment .Dale

Blogwitch

Ex Bogstandard
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Dale,

I bought a roll end of 1mm soft neoprene for about 20 bucks (12 UK pounds).

It measures around 4ft by 4.5ft, so I think I have enough to keep me going for a little time.

John

Latest posts

Group Builder