Building a 3d printer kit FT Prusa I3 2020

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
]As many of you know about a month ago I purchased a 3d printer kit from Folger Technologies
It took me a weekend to build and another couple weeks part time to get it running and it still needs some adjustment.

and there was a request for a build log. Sadly I did not take the time. But wait there is more. a young man who does take videos has posted several recent you tube videos on this very kit. so a 2 minute time lapse of his 12 hour build.
and the full build and unboxing flics are there as well .
enjoy

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKVI9cgG9g[/ame]

Hi Tin

Not long finished building a 3D printer myself amazing thing and great fun to build, Mine was a Chinese GEEETech kit so I wasn't expecting too much but it has proved to be a great little thing.

Calibrating and tuning them is quite complex (lot's of variables to adjust in the software) and bed levelling is pretty critical).

But once you have got it running sweetly being able to take a design straight from your CAD program turn it into GCode and then watch the actual component "grow" from the build bed is quite magical.

Be warned though, you can end up sitting for hours just watching the "contraption" doing it's stuff when you should be doing other things.

And listening to the "music" they make some most wonderful noises when they are running, all CNCs make some weird sounds but these things are particularly tuneful.

There was a surprisingly good build manual with mine so if it would be on any use I can let you have a copy.

Best Regards Mark

As an update I got my machine printing fairly well. now have it apart to upgrade the extruder and hotend. This is a second printer so learned how to tune the software and hardware before attempting a kit build.
Tin

Well another Month plus has gone by.
I will say the Folger 2020 Prusa I3 does indeed work as a 3d printer. As mentioned in previous posts my intention was to mount a ED3 hot end but the initial build used the stock hot end.
So with the availability of the Titan extruder I purchased one. I got the titan mounted but have been busy . I finally assembled the ED3v6 and got things reconfigured and tuned. at east some . probably more to do.
but once again the machine is printing.
FYI I ended up with a setting of 441.5 steps for the E and had to turn the Invert E0 logic to false.
And here is a poor photo to prove I did indeed build this machine and upgrade it.

Tin

TitanwED3v6.jpg

Latest posts

Back