Bugatti straight 8 cylinder with blower, design, 3D printed molds, castings , machining, assembly

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My drawing , oil sump
coppa olio 1.jpg
coppa olio.jpg

To make the fan I used the new printer for liquid resin that arrived a few days ago, this printer does not leave the mark of the layers like filament printers, moreover it is much more defined and precise, the layers thickness is 0.05 mm (0,0019 inc )
This is very useful for making foundry patterns, no need to sand and paint
You can appreciate the difference in the photo of the 2 fans, one made with a filament printer, the other with a resin printer
IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1075.JPG

Still following along. Very nice work!

That is beautiful work, absolutely superb! I've been using a resin 3d printer for mechanical parts (gears, brackets, mounting frames etc). One thing to bear in mind is that most of the resins are very brittle, very much like acrylic. I've used purpose made engineering resins have much better mechanical properties, although they aren't cheap. Here's one supplier that I've used:
Formfutura Engineering Resins

The clear type is less brittle, the grey type is very very strong, and heat resistant.

Cheers,

Oliver

Back