Bugatti straight 8 cylinder with blower, design, 3D printed molds, castings , machining, assembly

Help Support HMEM:

Peter Twissell

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Do you make a finished rod first, before starting on the "serial production"?
I did most parts that way for my radial.
My grandson has a very piston shaped money box, which was my first attempt and taught me to check wall thickness before machining!

Foketry

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Do you make a finished rod first, before starting on the "serial production"?
I did most parts that way for my radial.
My grandson has a very piston shaped money box, which was my first attempt and taught me to check wall thickness before machining!
yes , I made 2 finished rods before producing all 8. This is to test the CNC program, assembly on the motor and theoretical compression with a false piston

leerkracht

Reaction score
Piston wrist pin
to make piston shafts I use inductively hardened shafts that are available from diameter 3mm (less than 1/8 inch) in inches from 1/4) the advantage is that the core is still soft, the outside is hardened and ground to h6 tol , is round, straight and cylindrical. to protect the cilinder wall i used teflon pads
the axes are used in linear motion technology ( https://www.thn.nl/files/stream/documents/THN-TS06-NL.pdf)
gr

Last edited:

Foketry

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
this material is interesting, there‘s no technical information regarding the internal hardness but it seems possible to make longitudinal holes to lighten the wrist pin
I'm looking for it in Italy, thanks for the suggestion

Latest posts