Browser Upgrade Advice Requested

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickDastardly40

Reaction score
I currently use IE6 and have used MS as the path of least resistance since Netscape ceased being navigator and became communicator sometime about 1998.

I have heard some mention that Mozilla or Firefox are superior products with less spyware attacks etc. I would like some advice as to which would be better to upgrade to and with the least potential snags.

I have used IE7 briefly but didn't like the tabs feature as I kept closing the whole window rather than just the page I'd finished with, I often have 5 or 6 pages open at once.

As it is a shared computer with SWMBO the new browser needs to be intuitive and perhaps similar in use to prevent her becoming frustrated with not finding what she's used to.

Thanks in advance

Al

Hi, up until a couple of years ago I also used IE6 and preferred it to IE7 for the same reason as you ,the tabs!, then I got a mac on the insistence of a friend and I would recommend one to anybody! but I've noticed that ALL of my friends teenage kids that have PC's ,my daughter included, prefer Mozilla especially with Vista, we all know what smart asses these kids are with computers these days, so there's probably a good reason for them using it!, that's just my observation!.

You can them both running together on the same computer with no conflict problems.

Giles

I also use a mac, I deal with computers all day, Unix, and MS Windows systems, and find the mac a joy to work with. For a browser I prefer Apples Safari on the mac. They do offer a Windows Version, but on Windows and Unix I use Firefox.

Dale

Latest posts

Back