Quantcast

Breisch little brother air cooled

Help Support HMEM:

myrickman

Reaction score
Working on freshening up a Breisch little brother air cooled for a friend who purchased it and here is what I found when I took the piston out. Since then I bought 3/4” rings and plan to remake the piston. The owner has the prints and says they do not have rings shown on the piston...weird... Did they really spec it out without rings?

Attachments

Jasonb

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Just 3 oil grooves on the drawing with no rings.

Lodalodge

Reaction score
Working on freshening up a Breisch little brother air cooled for a friend who purchased it and here is what I found when I took the piston out. Since then I bought 3/4” rings and plan to remake the piston. The owner has the prints and says they do not have rings shown on the piston...weird... Did they really spec it out without rings?
Hi from British Columbia Canada...
Would you be interested in contacting me to discuss my upcoming build of the Lil Brother air cooled?
Much appreciated...Carson

myrickman

Reaction score
Don’t know how much I can tell you as I do not have the plans, just the completed engine. But it appears fairly straightforward. Lots of tiny parts though...but ask away.

Dr Jo

Reaction score
I also have a Lil Brother air cooled. I can confirm that the Lil' Brother has three 1/16" wide grooves on it and no rings.

Jo

gbritnell

Reaction score
If you're going to use rings make sure the bore is exactly .750 or the compression won't be good at all.

gbritnell

Reaction score
Lodalodge, Huh!

Latest posts