• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Brass Skeleton Clock kit

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joerom

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe this fits right in here. This is a kit for a brass skeleton clock kit that was sold by Classic Clocks in the UK I think back in the 80s. This is a machined kit of heavy brass and castings and not the stamped junk that is made in China. It has building instructions and needs polishing of parts and setting up and regulating. It is a passing strike single train with fusee. This kit has the optional fretted dial and would be quite the showpiece when all finished and polished. I have a few more pictures if anyone one wants them... I am asking $650.00 shipped anywhere in the US.................
IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

First - is this still for sale?
If so I am most interested - could you possibly have a look to see where the instructions were printed?
All the best
Jamie Hamilton

Hello Jamie,
The only thing I see for where is the address for Classic clocks and that is Pennybank Chambers 33-35 St Johns Sq. London and there is also on another page Issue 2 1.1.81........
Joe

That's what I hoped. Makes very good sense.

So: are you happy to organise shipping to the UK - I know it is a bit of an ask. Because if so, perhaps we can talk price. (I am assuming that the kit is complete!)

All the best
Jamie

I have decided to hold on to this for a while yet..Maybe I will get around to building it..It is a pretty rare kit of a beautiful clock, and at my age having most of the work done already is a plus..I also have a John Wilding Congreve clock that needs some work and they would look great sitting together...

What a shame - from my point of view! If you change your mind ..... Meantime I will continue hunting .....

About a month ago I fractured my hip and got a new ball joint. This has slowed me down very much and I seem to keep going backwards. I think it is time to sell some projects as going up and down my narrow basement stairs is a little intimidating anymore..I did want to finish it as it is quite ornate I think and would look great all polished up. So I am going to sell this clock kit now. I am asking 650.00 shipped in the lower 48 only.

joerom,
I'm stepping in here with an idea for you to try because of your last post and your mention of the basement stairs. I know it has nothing to do with this clock kit but it's an old-guy to another old-guy suggestion.
There is an easy way to take the intimidation out of those stairs and I've had to learn it to navigate some problem stairways. When going down those stairs do it backwards. The scary part of stairs is that if we fall it will be head-over-heels to the bottom and that may very well mean our last day on earth. If you descend while facing up the stairs a fall will just land you on your front and you will not fall to the bottom.
Yes, it looks strange if other folks are watching you but it may very well save your life and take away the intimidation that you feel.
Oh, and use a railing, too, and get someone to help you carry your "stuff" up and down if possible.
Just my two-cents.
Len

Len,
Thanks for your input and I appreciate it.. You see, that is not my only problem medically, and everything I do is a challenge, and I have been doing it a long time and I am losing interest again. I still have not even used my CNC mill I converted that is shown in the little picture on the left, and it is looking more and more like I never will. So, I am just getting rid of some things I know will never happen.
Joe

Joe,
I only mentioned it because it has worked for me at times. I'm sorry to hear that there is more to your condition. I've wondered many times how long my 70 year old body will be able to keep up with my 30 year old mind - and then there are the days when it seems like a 90 year old mind.
Take care of yourself and do what works for you.
Getting old ain't for sissies!
Len

Len,
Thanks for your input and I appreciate it.. You see, that is not my only problem medically, and everything I do is a challenge, and I have been doing it a long time and I am losing interest again. I still have not even used my CNC mill I converted that is shown in the little picture on the left, and it is looking more and more like I never will. So, I am just getting rid of some things I know will never happen.
Joe
I hope you get better.

Dave

Latest posts

Back