• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Book - Rudy's Model Steam Tractor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portlandron

Reaction score
Anyone have a copy of the book "Rudy's Model Steam Tractor" you want to sell or trade?
Have lots of new end mills, taps and drill bits all made in USA.

Thanks Gordon but just trying to save a few $$ by finding a used one and possibly trading.

Olympic,
Thanks for the link, there is some neat stuff there.
Regarding the Rudy Tractor I have a set of those drawings but they do not provide much detail. Example the first page drawing shows the complete tractor with parts numbered but the following pages, showing the parts, have no part numbers. Also have found a couple of errors in dimensions that I am hoping were corrected in the book.

i don't know how others feel but if I have built an engine I want to keep the plans in case I have or remake a broken piece or just for reference. The few dollars I would get for selling it and the hassle of shipping etc. would not be worth it. It is only $24 so just go for it.

Buy the book. You'll have a really hard time trying to put it all together without it. The book contains a good deal of pictures showing different views of it in various stages of the build (Along with a parts list & part no.'s).

I've modeled this tractor in CAD & I would like to know what errors in the dimensions you have found. I may have overlooked them myself.

John

Attachments

• traction-eng-2.pdf
    424.9 KB · Views: 194
Back