boiler safety valves for a 3/4 live steam engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

len1042

I like to build
Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me find the article that Kozo Hiraoka refers to in his book Building The New Shay. He refers to an article that he calls "safety valves for live steam boilers". The article describes a way to make the valve so that you can adjust the blow-down with a replaceable orifice on top of the adjusting plug without taking apart the valve or depressurizing the boiler. I think it may be in Live Steam Vol 1, N1.
It is for the 3/4in original design Shay by Kozo that I am finally getting finished.
Thanks in advance,
Len

Hi, I hope someone can help me find the article that Kozo Hiraoka refers to in his book Building The New Shay. He refers to an article that he calls "safety valves for live steam boilers". The article describes a way to make the valve so that you can adjust the blow-down with a replaceable orifice on top of the adjusting plug without taking apart the valve or depressurizing the boiler. I think it may be in Live Steam Vol 41, N1 Jan/Feb 2007
It is for the 3/4in original design Shay by Kozo that I am finally getting finished.
Thanks in advance,
Len
I just corrected the issue info that the article appeared in. It should be Vol. 41, Number 1 Jan/Feb 2007

Back