Boiler Construction Photographs.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi John,

HI Tony
Just found this thread and loved the pictures. I would be more than happy to assemble this into a PDF file for you. If you are still interested in do this let me know.
John

That's very kind of you. Do you need me to do anything?

Hi Tom,

My questions for Tony (or anyone else who can help) are:

On one of your photos, you've masked the boiler to prevent silver solder running - what is it you've used for that - is it Tippex?

Many thanks Regards Tom

Sorry not to have replied before but for some reason the only notification of any recent replies to this thread was John's shown above.

Yes Tippex stops the solder flowing where it shouldn't. I think it has a chalk base that will stand the heat. Alas it doesn't shop you putting too much solder on.

Regards Tony.

To create PDF files - Get CutePDF, it's a freeware program :D

It installs it self in two parts, so do not worry when it ask you for permission to fetch the other half.

To use CutePDF, you "print" (use CTRL + P) and select CutePDF as the printer and press OK. You'll be asked for a filename and where you want to store the PDF file.

It works with all programs, although "printing" a homepage from IE (or similar) might look different, due to the fact that the creator of the page can select if pictures are printable. I've been using CutePDF for years now, to send CAD drawings to approval by the customer who do not have the same CAD program as me - that way he can still see the minute details of the PCB design, by zooming the PDF file.

Hi Tony

As a complete newbie to boiler building it would be great to great a description for each picture. This would help me and I am sure other newbies understand the construction of the boiler. The description doesn't have to be very long. I will send you a PM with my email address to make it easier.

John

Hi,

To create PDF files - Get CutePDF, it's a freeware program

It installs it self in two parts, so do not worry when it ask you for permission to fetch the other half.

To use CutePDF, you "print" (use CTRL + P) and select CutePDF as the printer and press OK. You'll be asked for a filename and where you want to store the PDF file.

It works with all programs, although "printing" a homepage from IE (or similar) might look different, due to the fact that the creator of the page can select if pictures are printable. I've been using CutePDF for years now, to send CAD drawings to approval by the customer who do not have the same CAD program as me - that way he can still see the minute details of the PCB design, by zooming the PDF file.

Many thanks for the information, I have made a copy of these instructions. Next time a similar situation comes up I might give it a go.

Thanks again Tony.

Tony,

Many thanks for confirming it was tippex you used to mask the copper - I'll give that a go in due course.

Regards Tom

tomfilery said:
Tony,

Many thanks for confirming it was tippex you used to mask the copper - I'll give that a go in due course.

Regards Tom
Tipp-Ex is a brand of correction fluid
I have been told that chalk and pencil lead (graphite) also work.
Regards,
Gerald.

Tony, Great job, Great presentation. Thank-you very much. larry

Back