Bobcadcam V24

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcfreak177

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently took the plunge and purchased Bobcad V24, The bundle came with Mill Pro, Lathe, predator Editor stage 2 and also virtual cnc stage 2, and 2 licences all for under $1000 $us. I had to stall bobcad for some time before they would meet the price that I was willing to pay. So far I have been playing around with mill and lathe for 2 months or so, The learning curve was quite fast and I have been able to create some great 3d drawings and also manufacture several parts on both my mill and lathe. My machines are retrofitted and are under the control of Mach 3, To be honest if I had read the reviews of previous versions I would not have purchased the software but so far I have only good things to say about Version 24. Is there anybody else out there using Bobcad 24? By all means I am not trying to open a can of worms here but would like to hear any other opinions on the software.

Cheers Baz.

I have V23. It works well enough for the (discounted) price, once you learn it's quirks, though I don't often recommend it to others. I hear V24 is an improvement on V23, without a whole lot of changes, but the BobCad guys aren't being "reasonable" about upgrading mine yet. :mad:

Stay away! I made the mistake with V24, the software is extremely bulky to use, unintuitive, very slow even for just selecting geometry, little bugs here and there, trying to learn with their manuals is virtually impossible. I'm pretty steamed right now. I positive kids just out of high school could program a better interface and features than this.

G'day Greg,

Too late I have already bought the software. i have found a few bugs in the system, sometimes my computer will freeze if I try to rush the verify function. and I have had a couple of times where th post will allow the tool to rapid through a finished surface. I always check my post before I run them and almost always pick up on any funky business and am able to edit this out. I guess you get what you pay for.
I have found the lathe post processor is good, Had no drama's there, but my system for some reason does not like NC files, I have to save them as a txt document before loading into Mach3. All in all I think it can do the job for my needs.

Baz.

Latest posts

Back