Bob Shores

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you knew Bob and could tell me anything about him. He passed away before I had a chance to meet him. I walk the engine shows and see MANY of his designs being built or already built. Can you guys tell me anything about him or relay any stories about your time at the shows with him. I am working on a special project related to his work and would like to know more about him and his work.

Steve-

The first few years after the "Cabin Fever" shows moved from Leesport, to York, Pa, I met him and spoke "engine" with him and his lovely wife, on a few occasions. This goes back quite a few years. From what I remember, he was a true gentleman, and delighted in explaining the workings of his model engines to those who showed any interest. He had a sparkle in his eye, and a good sense of humor. (I also think that he had suffered from some war injuries).

In the little time that I spent speaking with him, I got the impression that he was a kind, and generous man. I also distinctly remember, after meeting him for the first time, wishing that I had a man like Bob as my next door neighbor, when I was a kid. I'm sure he was well liked by all those that got to know him.

Frank

Back