Blondihacks starting a new engine build series

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Quin Dunki is starting an engine build series on her Blondihacks YouTube channel. She is building a PM Research no 4. Big engine on small equipment. She started with a line boring setup for the engine stand on her Precision Matthews lathe, which I believe is a 10x22. I learned a lot, especially since the lathe size is similar to my Logan 820.
Still too much engine for my current skill level but I am looking forward to the solutions she comes up with for building such a large engine on small tools. Should be a good one to follow. I learned a ton from her boiler build series.

So Quin Dunki is starting an engine build series on her Blondihacks YouTube channel. She is building a PM Research no 4. Big engine on small equipment. She started with a line boring setup for the engine stand on her Precision Matthews lathe, which I believe is a 10x22. I learned a lot, especially since the lathe size is similar to my Logan 820.
Still too much engine for my current skill level but I am looking forward to the solutions she comes up with for building such a large engine on small tools. Should be a good one to follow. I learned a ton from her boiler build series.
I watch many of her videos. I admire her skills and ability to barge right in to projects. I worked with a “Rosie the riveter” when I was apprenticing in the machine shop. Somebody called her a cow in a China shop. Not a good thing to do do to a fiery red head in mans world at the time I’m glad I was not on the object of the retribution from that one . She was as smart as well as tough. I got along fine with her. She taught me a lot. Convinced me to go back to engineering school .
Byron

Back