Black Widow V8 patterns available

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need everyone who says they are interested in acquiring a full set of castings for this engine to step up to the plate. I have asked that everyone contact me through my email so that I have a commitment to proceed with this project. It will take 8 people coming up with $1000 each down payment to put their money where their mouth is for me to proceed. It is a minimum of a $15-16000 investment to pull the trigger for the first set of castings.

I am willing to put up the other half of the money up front. Where is the enthusiasm for the other half? I have heard from only one person willing to put up the full $2000 to get his set of castings. Sorry, but there will not be any castings at all otherwise.

I will assure that anyone who puts up the $1000 will get a full refund if the project does not fly. No individual castings will be made available until I have commitments to move 8 complete sets. Please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns that I have not answered.

Ok, I have full payment of $2025 for castings, drawings, and shipping costs from one who stepped up to the plate!

I now have half of the funds in hand to move forward with the first set of castings. When I have 4 more model builders step forward with a down payment of $1000 or 2 more willing to pay the complete amount of $2025 for a set of castings, the patterns will be prepped to ship to the foundry. Thanks go to all those supporting this project.

Gary Martin
Martin Model & Pattern

There is a pattern for the crankshaft. I am looking into having it cast in steel as the rest of the castings for the engine are aluminum.

Ok, I have full payment of $2025 for castings, drawings, and shipping costs from one who stepped up to the plate!

Purchased your John Deere casting kit. The quality of the castings is incredible! I can only hope this new foundry has the same quality with the V8. Very impressed. Your castings make the Stuart castings look rough.

The V8 is a fantastic model. I expect to see Dwight's running tomorrow and Sunday at the GGLS openhouse.

Purchased your John Deere casting kit. The quality of the castings is incredible! I can only hope this new foundry has the same quality with the V8. Very impressed. Your castings make the Stuart castings look rough.
Thank you for the compliment. I was fortunate enough to be working in the patternshop 32 years ago when Jerry Frisbie brought the full size engine in asking us to build the 3/10 size model. I was assigned to measure the full size engine and build the patterns on a fill in basis between industrial jobs. What do you think of the 3 part build manual?

Thank you for the compliment. I was fortunate enough to be working in the patternshop 32 years ago when Jerry Frisbie brought the full size engine in asking us to build the 3/10 size model. I was assigned to measure the full size engine and build the patterns on a fill in basis between industrial jobs. What do you think of the 3 part build manual?
The manuals are very nice. I like the pictures and detailed build instructions. I am more of a work from drawing guy though, never the less, I am looking forward to starting it.

The Black Widow V-8 Castings are in hand and ready to ship. I have sent out a few or will in the coming days to the first customers. I have a limited supply left to whomever would like to purchase a set from this initial run. Email me at [email protected] for payment information etc.

Gary Martin

Does anyone have the solid works drawings for this build? I need to ask before I do it all from the prints. Thank you.
I have them but they are junk with multiple drawings of the same part but no rev number. Many are not completed. The guy who drew them was a teacher of SolidWorks but the money he received for the work was wasted. I tried to make sense of them but finally gave up.
The print set that came from the designer and builder of the Black Widow had made a number of side notes that I hope Gary included in the package.

I have them but they are junk with multiple drawings of the same part but no rev number. Many are not completed. The guy who drew them was a teacher of SolidWorks but the money he received for the work was wasted. I tried to make sense of them but finally gave up.
The print set that came from the designer and builder of the Black Widow had made a number of side notes that I hope Gary included in the packa
The print set that came from the designer and builder of the Black Widow had made a number of side notes that I hope Gary included in the package.
Oh well. I don’t like checking other’s work either. I will do my own.

Back