Black Hills Show 2022

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not whining but believe it or not there are people who have to choose and it sux. For me it's a no Brainer. 5 hours one way and 17 the other. If I was in the middle and it was 10 hours each way I would be a little disappointed.

I don't understand all the wining about two shows that are 1300 MI apart on the same weekend. We should be thankful that we have a choice to make. I'm sure neither promoter is getting rich, and they are probably happy just to break even. We need to support whatever show we can.
Ron
I'd like to take my Merlin on the road and show it around and see what interest there is for plans, wouldn't you like to see it ?

29E154AC-EDAE-4B0A-9E6C-9FC26AD8D1EC.png

Peter,
I would love to see your Merlin! I saw it under construction a few years ago.

I highly recommend this show. I've been going for about twenty years.. Its a great venue, lots of time to visit and the area has a lot to see. Its interesting to go to shows out of your usuall area and see new models.

The Estavan show is a gem too. Visiting there is like going back 20 years, very friendly people and a whole different flavor. If you go from the states pay attention to regs to get across the border from both directions.

Hope to see you all in Rapid City!!

John

Something nice is that the Black Hills show and the Estevan show are two weeks apart. Locals could make both shows with a breather in between, and folks touring the US could hit the Black Hills show, wander around, then head north to Estevan. Think I'll mention this to Terri, she retires in another year so in 2024 we could make it work. WooHoo!

Cheers,
Stan

Back