Black Hills Model Engineering Show on for track 2020

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modelbuff

Reaction score
The Black Hills Model Engineering Show will take place on September 26th & 27Th. For more information go to: blackhillsmodelengineeringshow.net

The Black Hills Model Engineering Show will take place on September 26th & 27Th. For more information go to: blackhillsmodelengineeringshow.net
Hi: Looking for Cliff's email that previously ran the Black hills show. Appreciate it if u have it.
Thanks.
Bob E.

For 2021, the show dates are September 25th and 26th, with set up starting on Friday the 24th. The show is in Rapid City, SD, at the Central States Fairgrounds Fine Arts building. Thanks to Mike Stutz, the show continues.

Chuck

Last edited:
Good day all this is Mike and I’m coordinating the Blackhills model show. I missed this post the other day so my apologies. The information Chuck posted is correct. Thanks Chuck.

I don’t have a website setup at this time but you can contact me via gmail at blackhillsmodel

Hope to see everyone there as the other model venues were cancelled.

I would like to see this create a little chatter, excitement, and enthusiasm to get everyone out.

Come one, Come all

Fine Arts building, Central States Fairgrounds, Rapid City, South Dakota
September 25 and 26, 2021

Hi Everyone,
My name is Shawn Leloup from Northern Colorado. I am the president of the Colorado machinist club (CSMEE) or Colorado Society of Model and Experimental Engineers. I am helping organize this years 2021 Black Hills Model Engineering Show. The Black Hills Model Engineering Show is no longer run by Cliff. It is being operated and run by his successor Mike Stutz out of Northern Colorado. There are a few ads coming, one is now in the July/August Home Shop Machinist, over the summer. The show will still be held at the Central States Fairgrounds in Rapid City, SD this year and it will be on September 25th and 26th, a Saturday and Sunday. Set up for people interested in having a table or for vendors is on Friday, September 24th. For more information or if you would like to reserve a table contact Mike Stutz at: [email protected] or you can call him at (970)690-0012. I hope this helps and hope to see many people coming this year.
Thanks,
Shawn Leloup

Last edited:
I would like to encourage all home machinists to plan to attend the Black Hills Model Engineering Show this September. It was a 1227 mile trip for us to pack 1000 pounds of iron from Oregon, but we decided it was a great time to make a 2 week vacation of it. We needed to escape the month of smoke covering the western states and spent time in the fresh air at Yellowstone Nat Park, Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore, Chief Crazy Horse, Badlands, etc. The Friday before the show, there is a large 1500 head of Bison that is rounded up in Custer State Park about 50 miles south of Rapid City. What a sight to see!
This is done every year so check it out.

And then there was the show. Small, but very friendly and so wonderful to meet many of my customers from all over the midwest and even some came from the south and east. Prolific Cliff had about 50 of his models there to display. Mike and Shawn stepped up to the plate to carry on the show. We plan on being there again this fall. Hope to see you there!
Gary Martin, Martin Model & Pattern

I second what Gary said, I've been attending for 15 years +/- and enjoy it as much or more as the large eastern shows. Some good vendors there also. Bright, airy venue. Not the crush of people and you have time and opportunity to visit with fellow builders. There are many attractions within an easy days drive including Yellowstone, Devils Tower and the Tetons.

It would be cool if forum members put their forum handles on their name tags so we can tie a face to a name.

John

Gary thanks for the encouragement. All is on track so I hope to see all there. If anyone has questions please contact me.

Mike

Hi Mike, John et.al

Paul Knapp (Payson AZ) and myself ( Colorado Springs) have been going to the Black Hills show for, as John says, for over 15 + years. It's a great, although small, show in comparison to NAMES, but Paul brings many engines from the Miniature Engineering Museum in Carlsbad California and it makes a wonderful display. Thank You Mike, We'll be there with bells on!!!!

MikeG

Back