Bevel Gears

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by mayhugh1, Oct 19, 2019.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Oct 19, 2019 #1

mayhugh1

mayhugh1

mayhugh1

Project of the Month Winner!!! Project of the Month Winner HMEM Supporter

Retired Engineer
    When Small Parts went away (or was sucked up by Amazon) we lost an inexpensive and readily available source for small brass bevel gears. I came across these that look like interesting alternatives in lightly loaded applications such as when driving distributors. Available in 18 and 36 teeth, 48DP; 1:1 and 2:1 ratios are easily accommodated in the same space typcally required for the brass gears. You can buy a dozen of each for less money than the cost of a single brass gear nowadays 126 .JPG . - Terry

RM-MN likes this.
  2. Oct 19, 2019 #2

petertha

petertha

petertha

Well-Known Member HMEM Supporter

Way back when I was hunting for gears for my radial I noticed lots of candidates on AliExpress & the like. They seem reasonably priced but are inevitably module (metric). Might be OK if its just adjacent bevels that need to attain a certain ratio, but obviously not good if marrying to DP imperial teeth.

(entered 'brass bevel gear' in search bar)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...&SearchText=brass+bevel+gear&switch_new_app=y

A lot of gear parts show up in in RC heli & cars application via hobby suppliers, but harder to pinpoint dimensions & such without knowing the specs as opposed to model part numbers. And they are typically marked up cost vs. from the source.

brotherbear likes this.
  3. Oct 20, 2019 #3

mayhugh1

mayhugh1

mayhugh1

Project of the Month Winner!!! Project of the Month Winner HMEM Supporter

Retired Engineer
    Petertha,
    I like your solution better. I ordered what I needed for the Offy from them. - Terry