Benson's Vertical engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTin

Reaction score
Good old ebay. I just found a job lot of Model Engineer mags. for a tenner which happens to include all but one article on building the above Anthony Mount engine design and the one remaining already came today in a trio from the same source. Now, every issue, apart from Mr. Mount's write up of how-to, has drawings for the bits he's describing, thereby saving the cost of drawings. So, I only have to pay for the castings.
AND, when the model's done, I can resell the mags back on the 'bay!

Happy old Hector, I am.

Doesn't hurt to save a few bob when one can.

Cheers,
Martin

I'd no wish to make it even bigger! I don't have a milling machine. I read your article on the bigger one, but that would be way beyond my facilities.

I didn't realise that the book contained drawings. If that's the case, why would you buy separate drawings in the first place for £26?

By getting the MEs I also get vast amounts of useful stuff concerning other subjects. Always a good read.

But you're quite right about not buying castings. I could fabricate most of this model, apart, perhaps from the cylinder. I'll see about that when the magazines arrive.

Cheers,
Martin

Back