Bazmak - A chinese mini linisher

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well afurther update on this nice linisher. As I said belt slip was the problem.I tried grooving 1 roller
then knurling the other.No success still only good for light duty.Then I bought a can of non slip spray
as used on V belt drives.What an improvement.Really takes some stick and will accept hard pressure
Still cant stop the motor but now using it for grinding welds etc.However will limit it to light duty
Made a simple drill jig and sharpened a few drills using a fine belt.Can pick it up with one hand to
store it away but will leave it out as its so handy.Time to throw out the old one. If anybody else
has bought one please report in.
ml 03.JPG
ml 04.JPG

I think the belt slip issue is purely down to the drive roller diameter but this could also serve as a ( unintentional) fail safe to stop the motor from being overloaded .

Taking note of xd351 comment I agree the small alum roller is the main reason for the belt slip
I was finding the linisher very useful and using it all the time.Spraying with sticky was not the
ideal solution and was clogging up the bearings thoughts travelled to rubber drive rollers
I purchased a couple of cheap castor $2.50 each with 65mm dia solid rubber wheels
I faced and bored them out (machined really well) . Reworked the existing roller and cap
and made a new alum spacer.Then machined the od down to nom 60mm the max I reckon
would fit the existing belts.Everything went really well.No more belt slip under heavy pressure
and I cant stall the motor.The new layout is more compact. Now to buy 2 more wheels and do
the other side.Ice cream container for water,new locking arms.Next to increase the size of the
front plattens to cover the wider belt.Jobs a good un highly recommended
rubr 01.JPG
rubr 02.JPG
rubr 03.JPG
rubr 04.JPG
rubr 05.JPG

Latest posts

Back