Battery Electric Locomotive

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnm

Reaction score
Hi
I am currently building a model of Trevithick's dredger engine and finding it is a bit fiddly with my fingers but will persevere. After a great day at the club with a visit from a local playgroup I enjoyed driving a battery Electric Locomotive and have decided that perhaps a 5” model could be the way to go. Plans a information seem thin on the ground so. I am looking for ideas and advice please

Hi John,
Have you got any engine type in mind?
I built a Toby Tram for my youngest son nearly 20 years ago from a series in the Australian Model Engineer magazine at the time. Toby has done LOTS of kilometers & is fun to drive. The Australian mag is no longer produced, if you are interested let me know & we’ll sort something out!

Cheers Kerrin

Hi John,
Have you got any engine type in mind?
I built a Toby Tram for my youngest son nearly 20 years ago from a series in the Australian Model Engineer magazine at the time. Toby has done LOTS of kilometers & is fun to drive. The Australian mag is no longer produced, if you are interested let me know & we’ll sort something out!

Cheers Kerrin
Hi Kerri
I’ve been looking at the diesel shunter style something fairly basic but reliable.
My tin work skills are not great so needs to be fairly basic
Many thanks for responding and I look forward to hearing from you
Best wishes
John

Latest posts

Back