Ban on small engines in California

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess what I am saying is that in the old days (not too long ago, but I remember those days), Jim would express his idea, Bob would add his two cents worth, Jerry would offer a counter opinion, Bill would add a few overlooked but important points, and everyone would pretty much get along.
We generally ageed to disagree, knowing that no one person holds the truths for all of society.

Now days, if you say the wrong thing, and basically everything idea theses days is the "wrong idea", then your eyes get gouged out, you may lose your job, your family may be attacked, you may be locked/isolated in your home, your rights may evaoporate overnight,etc.

Heaven forbid that you point out why solar or electric cars don't and won't really solve any problems in the long run.
People obtain a certain mindset (I call it brainwashing by the MSM), and then no other opinions are allowed.
You could be in a car headed for a cliff, and the hydraulics go out, and you yell "use the hand brake !!!", and the others in the car say "that may be bad for the environment because there may be some residual asbestos in those lingings", and so off the cliff you all go.........

There is no logic or rational to discussions these days.
It is all about emotions and feelings, and those dominate everyone elses rights.

Contentious stuff here, so I will leave it at that.
The idea is not to rile anyone up, but rather to encourage respectful and courteous discussions.

I guess what I am saying is that in the old days (not too long ago, but I remember those days), Jim would express his idea, Bob would add his two cents worth, Jerry would offer a counter opinion, Bill would add a few overlooked but important points, and everyone would pretty much get along.
We generally ageed to disagree, knowing that no one person holds the truths for all of society.

Now days, if you say the wrong thing, and basically everything idea theses days is the "wrong idea", then your eyes get gouged out, you may lose your job, your family may be attacked, you may be locked/isolated in your home, your rights may evaoporate overnight,etc.

Heaven forbid that you point out why solar or electric cars don't and won't really solve any problems in the long run.
People obtain a certain mindset (I call it brainwashing by the MSM), and then no other opinions are allowed.
You could be in a car headed for a cliff, and the hydraulics go out, and you yell "use the hand brake !!!", and the others in the car say "that may be bad for the environment because there may be some residual asbestos in those lingings", and so off the cliff you all go.........

It is all about emotions and feelings, and those dominate everyone elses rights.

The idea is not to rile anyone up, but rather to encourage respectful and courteous discussions.

Sometimes, just the writing itself might make it seem that someone is speaking "violently" agaist you. After all, we cannot see if someone is joking, or how their vocal inflections might moderate the speach or how their facial expressions might accompany the words. If we try to not take umbrage to words being written, that should help.

However, I truly believe the MSM is in a conspiracy with the great deamon banksters who control the media, the police, the teachers, the book publising, the military, the politicians, etc. etc. etc. Movies often are ridiculed as too silly or unreal but it is true that many movies portray exactly how things progress in the world today. My friends call me CT (conspiracy . . . ). How else can I read the world? it is pretty obvious to me that we are being herded like cattle to believe what ht e media prints and if we express disagreement, we are often shouted down.

I like to point out that the world if over populated. An aquaintance ridicules that idea. Howeveer, I have a sort of proof that it is true. The sardines off the coast of California were wiped out by the canneries in the 1930s. The Salmon on the west coast are barely holding their own even with the weak help being given them. Of course, this is all due to the greed of many people from the fishing boats with mile long nets to the canneriers, to the distributors, to the owners of the name brands. Also to those of us who consume those delicious salmon. ANd believe it or not, there are many solutions even tho' we are indeed overpopulated. (You should see SE Asia if you thimpfk WE have a problem. A 10th or so of the land mass has nearly half the population of earth.)

If you take a look at the so called Georgia guide stones, you might be convinced the conspirators intend to kill most of us in some way. Is covid, HIV, the deadly African virus' practice to kill us? You better consider it. For one, I do not trust my government, the liar media, teachers, police or anyone I haven't known for five years or so.

I am a fan of Ulysses. During his time people of different persuasions would gather at the country store and discuss the haps over a game of checkers and a smoke. Everyone read newspapers--they bought the newspaper that favored their views but the newspapers were passed around till they wore out. Rarely did they actually get in physical fights, more arguments where they wouldn't talk to each other sometimes upt to years.

As it Says . . .

Attachments

• stop.jpg
    stop.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 153
To get back on topic to a degree, Say what you like about California environmental controls but the state has made massive strides in reversing pollution.

I live in the UK and I occasionally visit California (about once every two decades) the pollution/smog levels are dramatically/visibly less now than they were in the mid 1980's, without knowing the numbers I would also suggest that this has been done with an increasing population giving further pressures on pollution.

I am probably not aligned politically with California but credit where credit is due.

Getting back on topic - CO2 is not a pollutant - it's plant food.

The demonization of it as a long lived pollutant is complete nonsense.

I am all for pollution reduction - eliminating CO2 from the atmosphere will cause the extinction of all living things.

The History Of The Earth’s Atmosphere

The early Earth’s atmosphere contained no free Oxygen and more than 10000ppm CO2 and the Earth did not become like Venus even when all the carbon was to be found in the atmosphere.

Early life on Earth was blue green algae which thrived in this CO2 rich atmosphere – liberating vast quantities of Oxygen.

Note: Free Oxygen does not exist on planets as it is highly reactive and forms metal oxides which sequestrate it into solid carbonates and oxides – so much so that cosmologists searching for exoplanets [planets outside of our solar system] look specifically for the tell-tale spectrographic signature of Oxygen as an indication of life existing on those planets – thus far nothing has shown up.

This oxygen made the air toxic to the algae – remnants of such species can be found in the class of “anerobic” organisms.

New species evolved to use the oxygen which also allowed more energy intensive biology – eventually leading us to where we are today.

So the first successful species were the megaflora – so successful they “polluted” their atmosphere with Oxygen and were extinguished at the end of the Carboniferous period – which laid down the Carbon that is the basis of all today’s fossil fuels.

The Oxygen rich (±35%) atmosphere gave rise to the mega fauna – Dinosaurs and such – have you ever noticed that dinosaurs have relatively small chests ? If we brought a T-Rex into being (A’La Jurassic Park) it would stand there wheezing – gasping for breath in our Oxygen depleted (21%) atmosphere.

You should also note there is a symbiotic relationship between volcanic action and the Earth’s carbon based life forms (that’s you, me and most every living thing). Without volcanic CO2, all the Carbon would eventually become sequestered into limestone and life as we know it would slowly come to an end. Life on Earth requires volcanic and tectonic action to “reprocess” the sequestered CO2 In the rocks and release it back into the atmosphere.

However for the last couple of hundred million years volcanic activity has been spiralling downwards resulting in diminished atmospheric CO2 – you and all the species on Earth today evolved in a 2000+ppm CO2 environment, not the paltry and dangerously low 280ppm just prior to the industrial revolution.

CO2 is essential to life on our planet – it does not “control” the climate in any significant way.

Prior to the industrial revolution, CO2 was trending dangerously downwards.

Prof. William Happer states that we are currently living in a severe Carbon Dioxide Drought!

PlantsDie.jpg

Had it not been for the industrial revolution and all the benefits and knowledge that came with it we would currently be living “nasty, brutish and short” lives and our ignorance would not have informed us that we were rapidly headed towards extinction.

It’s Easy to be Fooled by a Climate Alarmist

Our production of CO2 is saving the planet not destroying it !

Regards, Ken

Last edited:
Ken

I don't know if you are writing about my California pollution observation, but the 1980's pollution levels around LA were not viable to continue with, no matter what it's composition.

I doubt any pollution controls will eliminate CO2 from the atmosphere, so this is a non story.

B.

To get back on topic to a degree, Say what you like about California environmental controls but the state has made massive strides in reversing pollution.

I live in the UK and I occasionally visit California (about once every two decades) the pollution/smog levels are dramatically/visibly less now than they were in the mid 1980's, without knowing the numbers I would also suggest that this has been done with an increasing population giving further pressures on pollution.

I am probably not aligned politically with California but credit where credit is due.
I suggest that the next time you visit California, stay there about 5 or 6 months, then tell me you like California. It is a group of the most stupid, insane, illogical, no common sense idiotic bozos. I grew up in the 50's and 60's there, Greatest time to be a kid and a young adult. Then the liberals took over. When I was beating a path out of there in 2017, I read that Brown signed a bill, SB 179, that would possibly give jail time to health care workers if they persistently kept calling patients by the "wrong pronoun" but there was no jail time if a person "knowingly" transmitted HIV.

https://newspunch.com/california-gender-pronouns-hiv/

David

I was merely pointing out that they had got a grip on reducing pollution not that it was a place that I would like to live, I am aware of some of the vagaries of how Californians can behave and in particular some of the political elite.

B.

David

I was merely pointing out that they had got a grip on reducing pollution not that it was a place that I would like to live, I am aware of some of the vagaries of how Californians can behave and in particular some of the political elite.

B.
The world is 196.9 million square miles. CA is 163,696 square miles, 0.083% of the earth's surface. You think that little amount is going to make a difference if other countries give the rest of the world the middle finger on pollution?

Bazzer, I grew up in Liverpool where the pollution was so bad the sparrows woke up coughing - soot literally rained down from the sky, rain dirtied up a newly washed car - the photochemical smog was so thick you could barely see a streetlight whilst standing underneath it. If you breathed through your scarf it quickly turned a dirty yellow-brown. It was very very bad.
The downtown sandstone buildings were Jet black - which to my surprise as a teenager when they cleaned them up in the mid-sixties were actually nearly white.
Similarly the real pollution of LA had to be cleaned up, that's what the clean air act was for - and I'm all for it.
But - and this is a big but - CO2 is not a pollutant.
With all the hoopla surrounding COP 26 the news channels are persistently showing power station cooling towers as examples of "man's pollution" - I'm sure everyone on this site recognizes that as steam from the cooling towers which is in no way a pollutant.
They never show the chimneys (at least for western plants) as all that comes out them is invisible CO2 - any particulate pollutants have been removed electrostatically and gaseous pollutants such as SO2 have been removed by scrubbers. Nothing to see here folks - boring - so just show something else to the ignorant masses under a banner of climate crisis etc. etc. This is deliberate misinformation. Recognize that for what it is.
Once you realize that your are being hoodwinked and propagandized, look objectively at both viewpoint (and data) on this subject and come to an informed conclusion. Don't believe anybody - me included.
Regards, Ken

Last edited:
Ken, is something lost when information crosses an ocean? NO BODY us suggesting that CO2 is being regulated because of its human toxicity. To think that mankind cannot have an impact on the environment is short sighted. Do not compare human related CO2 emissions to nature's. Add it.
Bill

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
The last time SF band leaf blower's the court over rule the law.
Now picking on the lawnmowers again using smog instead of noise.

Odds are when power fails they do not like the sound of generator in background for medical or keeping food cold.

Dave

While it may be true that the Constitution does not mention Society, it mentions General Welfare in the preamble. Try reading it.
https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/preamble/Bill

While it may be true that the Constitution does not mention Society, it mentions General Welfare in the preamble. Try reading it.
https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/preamble/Bill
I have read it many times. Promoting the general welfare is not an excuse to infringe on the enumerated rights ALSO written into the Constitution. Remember that none of the states were going to pass the Constitution until the Bill of Rights was included.

To get back on topic to a degree, Say what you like about California environmental controls but the state has made massive strides in reversing pollution. I live in the UK and I occasionally visit California (about once every two decades) the pollution/smog levels are dramatically/visibly less now than they were in the mid 1980's, without knowing the numbers I would also suggest that this has been done with an increasing population giving further pressures on pollution. I am probably not aligned politically with California but credit where credit is due.
There is no doubt that 'solid Particulate " has been reduced in LA over the last 40 years , but that is not to be confused with CO2 --but the whole drive of the CO2 folks is total control over society and they couple it to Solid Particulate and call it a threat..remember, you can still buy cigarettes in California.
Rich

Mother nature is ALWAYS in charge. When we humans REALLY screw up everything, she will slap us down in an instant unless we have gone to another planet to screw that one up.
God is always in charge and the earth and everything in it belong to God. No such thing as mother nature.
Man cannot do any thing to catastrophically effect the planet to the degree the sky is falling nay sayers say.
The Bible tells us that when mans sin is so bad that God decides to destroy the earth, that it will be destroyed by fiery apocalypse. Nothing will happen until then.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back