• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[B] UK based: WANTED SWAP/BUY MEDIUM KNEE/TURRET MILL [/B]

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussB

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm based in the north of England and I'm looking for a larger Milling machine to purchase or possibly swap if you want to downsize slightly? xx
I have an Astra L2(L4?) vertical and horitontal knee mill, its a really high quality machine, and the condition is second to none. I'd be happy to swap it for a machine with cash adjustment either way or just buy a machine outright.

I'm looking for a machine similar to the Myford VME, Elliot 00, Warco VMC, ToolCo VM28, Chester 626 etc. (they're all about the same design)

Previous machines were the RF-25 type which was a good solid lump, and the Chester Champion 20VS which was not as strong but still sturdy and very very flexible (large table, tilting head, variable speed etc)

I'm hoping with something like the above requested machine I can strike a balance between the RF-25's strength and the 20VS capabilities.

Thanks,

Russ

Back