Autocad and the Case eagle

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I have always loved mechanical things and mechanical drawings to be exact. From my high school years through today I still do many 2d drawings but now instead of using triangles and T-squares I use Autocad.
When I was first learning to use Autocad I started to make drawings of most of the engines and models that I had originally made hand drawings of.
While working for the Ford Motor Company I was sent on a field trip to the Buick pattern design department in Michigan. While there and talking with their designers I was shown an Autocad drawing of the space shuttle. When first presented on the screen it looked no more than a line drawing of the shuttle but as it was zoomed up more and more details emerged.
I was very impressed by this and one day while enhancing my electronic drafting skills I started making a drawing of my own.
I started out by drawing the Case eagle logo. Having built the 1 inch Case traction engine I had some pictures of the logo to work from.
For those of you that can open .dwg or .dxf files I'm attaching the aforementioned drawing. On the screen the eagle measures about 9 inches high so it's not that big to begin with. Now if you zoom into the globe area and specifically the Great Lakes you will see some tiny detail emerge near Lake Erie. While further zooming in you start to see more detail.
Continue to zoom and see what emerges.
Have a nice day and enjoy.
Oh and by the way it really gets hard to draw in Autocad when the lines have no measurable length to them.
gbritnell

View attachment CASE EAGLE LOGO DARTH 2004.zip

How far down can I go? Don't want to give anything away for others but is there something smaller than what the eye sees?

Look around the southern shore of Lake Eire.

BTW, very nice drawing George.

Regards,

Steve.

"Oh and by the way it really gets hard to draw in Autocad when the lines have no measurable length to them.
gbritnell "

Also harder to machine.;)

Mike

No, that's as far as it goes. While drawing this it got to the point that it was hard to join and trim the lines.
Gbritnell

I had to back and look again to find R2, that's a big zoom factor !

Steve.

Back