Australia and New Zealand team build anyone?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we had a few problems and decided to change the design of the collet to use an e-clip instead of a slotted retainer.

It only took a few hours once I got set up for it.

The slotted retainers and the modified ones are on there way to Dave (hi speed scrap).

Jim

IMG_1129.jpg

I love this build. I downloaded a set of these plans a while back but had a couple of things that got in the way of starting (My skill level, and lack of French). This is building season now and this Down Under version is looking great.
Ausdier – love your work. I always 3D model everything I try, it helps me get a feel for just what’s going to be required. Heck I’m a way better machinist in 3D than I am in the shop.
Hi-speed-scrap - if your “shed is an oven You’re welcome to use mine. I can run an extension cord out there for ya.
Excellent work all. Can’t wait to see it run.

100_1293.jpg

Boy that looks pretty. The only snow I've ever seen was about 1/4" thick in spots on the ground. Next winter, finances permitting, I'll think drag the kids the 3000 miles to the nearest snowfield and pepper 'em with snowballs.

Just wondering if there are any updates on this build at all.

Hi Herbie,
all heads, valves, seats, etc are made,
got to lap valves and do Ex valve springs yet,
will blow the dust off them after easter!

Dave.

Sounds good to me. Have a great Easter Dave and everyone

________________ready to send my components out.

Did the flywheels a while back, but have been distracted by other projects.

No worries. Not sure how the others are doing.

I see the other team build is getting back on track. Are you guys going to try and do the same? We're still here watching and waiting guys!

Shouldn't be long now Cogsy. Most parts are done

All my parts are done.

I'm ready to send out the flywheels. Some of them are a bit rough but I've since improved my skills.

Hi all. It's been almost 3 years now since this project started. Just wondering if there are any updates ??

I'm ready to ship my flywheels. Just need to know where to send them.

Sounds good to me. Will send address via pm. Just wondering if the valves and springs are done yet. I think High speed Scrap was looking after them.

Latest posts

Back