Aussies looking for a challenge

Discussion in 'Team Builds' started by Ripcrow, Sep 1, 2014.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Sep 1, 2014 #1

Ripcrow

Ripcrow

Ripcrow

I need a experienced sterling engine builder to build my engine design. Prefer east coast Australia. Prepared to pay for time and materials. Need to have cad as I don't. This is a project of mine but sadly I am not that good a machinist and I really don't have the right equipment. I would appreciate your input in regards to cylinder/ stroke sizing and anything else you deem would assist this project

2. Sep 2, 2014 #2

AussieJimG

AussieJimG

AussieJimG

3. Sep 6, 2014 #3

Ripcrow

Ripcrow

Ripcrow

The design is a cross between a four stroke and a sterling and different stroke/ timing setup. All pretty straight forward for someone with the ability to machine tight tolerance. I like experimental ideas and effiency gains so that's my motivation but I lack the required skill or machinery to build this effectively

4. Sep 7, 2014 #4

Barnbikes

Barnbikes

Barnbikes

I was just looking at a Patent drawing of a 4 stroke/hot air engine. US patent number 1,097,068 if you are interested.

5. Sep 8, 2014 #5

Ripcrow

Ripcrow

Ripcrow

Just checked that patent out and it's nothing like that. Interesting concept but never heard of it being utilised anywhere. The professional builders still run a normal sterling system. Talked to a prototype company and was informed that they got out when another company produced sterlings commercially that required a temp of 10000 degrees for solar power generation. The technology had surpassed their development program so they concentrate on wind and water now

6. Oct 18, 2014 #6

david30

david30

david30

Just checked that patent out and it's nothing like that. Interesting concept but never heard of it being utilised anywhere. The professional builders still run a normal sterling system. Talked to a prototype company and was informed that they got out when another company produced sterlings commercially that required a temp of 10000 degrees for solar power generation. The technology had surpassed their development program so they concentrate on wind and water now
    :hDe: