Atlas MF Mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheat47

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just purchased at a local on-line auction a Atlas MF horizontal mill. Yes, I paid too much!!! But I wanted it!!
It is missing the cutter arbor and the little worm gear that drives the table feed. The table feed driveshaft is there, but the worm gear is missing. I have a possible lead for one. Also the arbor is missing. I know where there is one I could copy. Would it be hard to make one? I suppose I could make the table drive worm, also, just need to figure out the pitch. Or perhaps, someone out there may know where I could find these pieces.
Any and all comments welcome!!! Gonna need some help with this one!
I just ordered a reprint manual/catalog for it, so that may help.
Jon

Try mymachineshop.net - usual disclaimers. I have seen their ads in HSM but have not been a customer.

Jon, I have an Atlas MF-C which is the unit that has a power feed for the table left-right direction (I call this the X axis). What worm gear are you missing specifically? There are a number of gears in the table drive train, and while I don't recall seeing an actual worm I could possibly get some measurements of the gear you need to simplify your search.

Latest posts

Back