• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Atlas Craftsman 12 inch Lathe... ending real soon.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedge

Reaction score
Here is one of those instances where you get a pretty good feel for the seller as well as his machine. Were I a bit closer to him, I'd probably have been a bidder if not the buyer for this fine old iron. Unfortunately my money is going into new mill tomorrow.

Here is the Lathe:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sid=m37&satitle=180214491559&category0=&fvi=1
It appears his straight and unambiguous answers are going to maximize his sale price fro what looks like a nice lathe.

Steve

For $4700 I'd say the seller did very well!

Yep, that's pretty good money for that lathe. It did have a lot of tooling. I guess if you were set on that model lathe it would be just the thing for you.

Best,

BW

Check out that taper attachment. That would be fairly easy to build. My 9" lathe would do good with a taper attachment?

Wes

Holy crap! I'm going out to the shop & polish my lathe, it's identical to that one, not quite as much tooling, but close...I traded $600 worth of labor on a Caterpillar for mine back in the 80's, it still had cosmoline on the bedways, still bolted to the pallet it came on... ;D

Powder keg said:
Check out that taper attachment. That would be fairly easy to build. My 9" lathe would do good with a taper attachment?

Wes

You should go for it Wes. Taper attachments are pretty simple.

I'm needlessly overcomplicating mine, hence its taking a long time to finish:

P4213943.JPG

P2203137.JPG

LOL,

BW

Back